• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

regurgitating ball pythons

G

Wow this is great !!!

If I could find a reptile vet I would have to go 250 miles round trip ...

The vet in town [a fishing buddy ] Is excellent on dogs and cats and does Know more than some about reptiles ..

Mostly I ask him for what I need and he gets it for me ...

You should of seen that office when the secretary made me bring in some of my hounds for rabies shots !!

G

Ya, not a fan of hounds barking! But they are usually cute dogs. that should help, you could probably order plumbs book on amazon? Not really sure but its helpful to have if possible. I know if you can get amikacin its great to have. Its off the market right now, so most vets are doing baytril but if its not given right in the muscle it can scar.

G

I used baytral at the mink farm and was less than Impressed with the results ..

The info you gave me is great !!!

I don`t need to know it all just a few options to McGiver it if I need to ..

I would probably use panicur [safeguard ] and some fish antibiotics ..

The doses arn`t that important as long as you are in the ball park ..

Wouldn`t of thought of the temperature manipulation tho ....

Thanks !!!

G

So after much work and many injections Delilah past away today.. poor little thing. Maybe 18in tops! I thought she was doing better she was even fighting her injections. But I guess not. :(

Brandonjames

I had a ball python pass away recently from a bacterial infection that was on injections, i was giving it one and the needle popped off the syringe. It got an abcess where that happened and died that night, I was so upset. Just remember that you did all you could.

G

Thanks guys I feel like a bad mom... it was a good holiday off from classes until I got home from GTL...

Strange_Evil

5 Year Member
Sorry for your loss, i was hoping she would make it. Don't beat yourself up too bad though we live and learn,You did everything you could have done.

G

Thank you. Kindness is much appreciated my boyfriend is really upset as well so I'm not getting much sympathy from him.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980