• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

My puppy

Beazer

5 Year Member
Here is my evil Pitbull... jk lol he's not evil at all. Great dog so far and training him good. He is being socialized a lot with people of all ages and dogs as well. A lot of people seem to look down on you for owning one but when they get to know you and your dog they really learn to appreciate them. Im finding that pits are actually very smart and not as dopey as Ive been told. He is also being socialized around other animals. He's a rednose pitbull and Beau is his name and he's a lover not a fighter.

Beau.jpg

-Jon DeLong

gebris353

5 Year Member
He is so cute man! They should stay puppies cause not many girls will get closer with that beast next to you lol! Dont listen to me, everyone says that about my tegu, and every girl I cross comes to ask and dont think everyone is a reptile lover! :-D

shiftylarry

5 Year Member
A puppy is potential. You can mold him into a fight or a pet. It's the owner's responsibility and not the dog's fault at all.

Great dog!

DZLife

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
gebris353 said:
He is so cute man! They should stay puppies cause not many girls will get closer with that beast next to you lol! Dont listen to me, everyone says that about my tegu, and every girl I cross comes to ask and dont think everyone is a reptile lover! :-D

I always get nagged at by my friends when I bring my reptiles with us on walks, because they don't want me to scare all the girls away :p
The reality is that the girls usually want to and come up and meet my reptile (usually my adult female ball python); the guys are usually the ones who get scared....and I'm not :bs ing you. I am being totally honest...I swear! It's the funniest thing! I've really had to restrain fits of laughter when the real punks from my school are turned in to scared little *****-cats, and their girlfriends come and take my girl and torture their boyfriends with it!

MMRR - jif

5 Year Member
That's a real looker that you have there! Love those ears! And kudos to you for properly socializing him. I volunteer with a couple of dog rescues and pits are the HARDEST to get adopted properly. I own a Pit/Shar Pei mix and my daughter has adopted several pitty babies and they are all great dogs! Best of luck with Beau!

ApriliaRufo

5 Year Member
Ok, this is killing me and I can't stop laughing. Is it just me, or do us reptile owners love us a pitbull or two? LOL Its cracking me up. We fight to keep our reptiles and we fight to keep our pits. It's funny how forums like this truly help people find the people they share the most in common with. Beautiful pit. There is no better dog in my opinion.

dicy

5 Year Member
nice dog u have there try to keep her fit and balanced and not overweigth cuz obesety whill get u allot of vet visits for the knees and whut not (dang do i hate it that pits r banned here )

MMRR - jif

5 Year Member
I think Peggy is in love! She likes younger guys. :)

peggy.jpg

I don't think her current boyfriend, Rusty, is too impressed, though. LOL

may023.jpg

Beazer

5 Year Member
Cute pups mm. They look like great dogs! I have a question though. What age would you neuter at? I am hearing a loooot of different opinions on it. Some have said 3months, more say 6 months, others say a year, and some say never because neutering is "bad" for the dogs health. Beau probably would like your girl lol. He's a ladies man among the elder (human) women. Its funny how the older women who you'd expect to hate pits cause of their wrap, actually like pitbulls and say they are great dogs. My mom took Beau on a heart walk and there was a kid there that was bit on the head by a pitbull and still had the scars and the kid over came his fear of pits by playing with Beau. When he was younger he use to have this phase of playing with his mouth and nibbling on people. Now he just wags his tail and his tongue goes all over the place lol. Great dogs. Thanks for the pictures. If anybody else has any pitbulls or bull dogs please post them.

(some adult language)

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://youtube.com/watch?v=cJueekvhRDI">http://youtube.com/watch?v=cJueekvhRDI</a><!-- m -->

-Jon DeLong

ApriliaRufo

5 Year Member
ewwies made the best pitbull video on the web, that video rocks.

NEUTER YOUR FRIGGIN' PITBULLS! It is just fine for their health and 88% of pitbull attacks on humans were unaltered males. Do their balls make them violent? No, but only breeders, and idiots don't neuter their dogs. Unless you're breeding him, neuter him. Actually, neuter him anyway. Pitbulls are my favorite breed, but... on petfinder there are 25 poodles looking for homes and 7000 pitbulls. They are our favorite dogs, but please everyone neuter your dogs and hit the shelters the next time you need a new pit. There are too many out there.

Edit: Oh and neuter at 6 months. Vets shouldn't do it at 3 months, and a year is asking for trouble. 6 months.

shiftylarry

5 Year Member
The problem with "hitting the shelter" is that a puppy is potential, whereas and adult dog is what it is. You can do some training to improve their behavior, but the foundations have already been laid, so it's an uphill battle. If you're talking about rescuing a puppy, that's different.

For a bit I was considering rescuing a basset hound with aggression problems. He was very sweet to me, but definitely had his boundaries and bit my fellow dog walkers on several occasions. I thought since I'd dealt with other aggressive dogs in the past, that I would be more than capable of taking on the challenge? Your average person, just doesn't have the training to deal with these bad behaviors. But then I got to thinking about the situation. If anything ever happened to me, I wouldn't care. But, if some kid came running up to the dog without permission and started whacking him on the head (which kids try to do all the time) and the dog bit him out of defense, I would be completely responsible and the dog would have to be put down. So, it just wasn't worth the risk in the long run. There would be no way I could walk him without being in the proximity of other humans.

I'm not saying don't rescue, but it's important to emphasize the dangers of adopting a dog with a troubled past. Your new dog may have hidden triggers that you can't predict. For example: you casually pick up a newspaper and the dog instantly recalls being hit with the newspaper in the past and suddenly bites you. You can't predict those situations. So, unless your ready to accept the consequences, be very careful before you buy a rescue dog.

-Chris

ApriliaRufo

5 Year Member
I very much understand, and I apologize if that post seemed really pissed off. I didn't mean to act like that. Pitbulls and I are a really touchy subject. I worked at an animal shelter for a few months and had to quit. I just couldn't take it. Pit after pit after pit put down. People just walk right by them and make little comments. They're dangerous, illegal, scary, unpredictable. I just couldn't deal with it.

shiftylarry

5 Year Member
It's upsetting to think about how we treat man's best friend. Any internet search on rescue dogs will bring you to tears with the sheer numbers.

MMRR - jif

5 Year Member
OK, I AM involved with dog rescue and adopting from a REPUTABLE rescue is the way to go. I volunteer for a Boxer rescue that will also take in other breeds and mixes when we have foster space. All of our dogs are altered, UTD, microchipped, and temperament tested and get some degree of obedience training while in foster care. We will take in Pits even though we know it may take a long time to place them properly. My daughter adopted one of her foster dogs, a pit, after he lived with her for 7 months. When her current foster dog (an Olde English Bulldogge) goes to it's new home in a couple of weeks she will be taking in a beautiful black and white female pit who has been sitting in a shelter for 18 months. I hope when my current foster dog is adopted (a big old dopey rottie) I can foster a pit in need. Here is a link to the boxer website and some photos of our dogs.
http://www.midmichiganboxerrescue.org/

I've posted these before but what the heck. :)

Picture066.jpg

rupert.jpg

Picture023.jpg

rusty002.jpg

dogs023.jpg

outside002.jpg

outside015.jpg

30216Stewie1.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads