• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

My new Columbian

StewS

5 Year Member
Hi all! I'm a new Columbian Tegu owner. Just got it last week. Thought I'd share some pics of my baby.
07112009gtegu6.jpg

07112009gtegu.jpg

07112009gtegu5.jpg

So far it has not shown any signs of aggression. Was wondering when/ roughly what size will they lose the gold/yellow coloration ?

PinkPunisher

5 Year Member
Welcome! :)

To my understanding Goldens don't lose their colouration. I always wanted to get one but I'm afraid to put any more weight on the floor of my room.

I currently have a 40 gallon and 20 gallon fish tanks weighing about 650 pounds in total. I also have a 8'x4'x4' cage for my tegu that probably weighs at least 250-300 pounds including the substrate. So as you can see I'm slightly paranoid to add anymore weight to the 900-950 pounds sitting in my room... did I mention my room is on the second floor! :shock: :bolt

StewS

5 Year Member
Kewl! I like the gold- glad to know they keep it! :mrgreen: Thanks for the quick replies guys!

Jer723

5 Year Member
do you have any updates by chance. he is pretty. whered u get him i was thinking myself about getting a gold in the future.

StewS

5 Year Member
Jer723 said:
do you have any updates by chance. he is pretty. whered u get him i was thinking myself about getting a gold in the future.

I got this guy at the San Francisco Bay Area Tarantula Society Meet at Concord. They had a few reptile vendors there at the meet selling snakes and other stuff.
This is a recent pic taken a few days ago.
08022009colombian.jpg

08022009colombian2.jpg

ETA: Taken today
08072009colombian.jpg

Jer723

5 Year Member
ok well ium nowhere near san fran. lol does anybody know where you could get a nealthy c.c.b gold tegu?

repcoop18

5 Year Member
hey guys i also just got a new tegu, yesterday i got a columbian tegu it was in the pet store with no uv and it was only fifty.it is pretty cool but i somtimes has ramdom bursts of speed and he opens his mouth somtimes and he is a baby if you all want cheak it out go to youtube and look up my username and it is my newest video also with my new carpet in it
my username is reptilelova4life

Crusher08

5 Year Member
Wow dude. Didn't know you were the kid that I heard about who keeps his tegu in the cold @55 bathroom. I don't give a crap if you got lights hanging up for her; there are chemicals, and s**t in there that can make her very sick! Not to mention, you take dumps in there. Would you like living in someone's friggin bathroom???

Just saw your videos -- someone aught to put you in a bathroom.

Meg90

5 Year Member
Seriously....You got a new python and a new tegu and your female is STILL in the bathroom???

IE you don't care enough to spend the time and money to build her an actual enclosure, but you run right out and buy more animals? So sick.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pags1029