• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

My male Golden Tegu " Anubis "

Jonzin4Reptiles

I know i haven`t posted in a bit so i thought i would do a little update on Anubis. I`m back to handling him every 2nd or 3rd day now, he still doesn`t like the intitial picking up thing, but once out he`s fine, very inquisitive.

My cats have taken an interest in him and i have made some improvements to his tank lid.

My cats will sit like this for hours .... it`s like thier own TV show lol
IMG_3140.jpg

IMG_3141.jpg

IMG_3142.jpg

The renos ...

Before ...
IMG_3158.jpg

After ... now has 2 flip up doors for better access, and hold humidity better ....
IMG_3159.jpg

IMG_3160.jpg

IMG_3161.jpg

Cheers,

John

MadameButterfly

Jonzin4Reptiles said:
What `m i doin wrong with my pics?

Cheers,

John

I think it is because of the "%20"s in this part of the URL in bold

i1186.photobucket.com/albums/z378/Jonzin4BallPythons/My%20Golden%20Tegu/IMG_3026.jpg

The image tags can't handle it

I've copied the images and hosted them on my photobucket account for you for a while until you can fix it and just so everyone can see him

john_tegu1.jpg

john_tagu2.jpg

john_tegu3.jpg

Nice Tagu by the way, I wish mine was that tame :D

Jonzin4Reptiles

I think my Tegu is sick :( ... His breathing sounds weird last few days and 2day i seen what looks like snot in his nostrils ... can anyone give me some advice please till i can get him to the vet?

John.

Bubblz Calhoun

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Husbandry info would help and was he drinking before you saw what looked like snot in his nostrils?

When asking for help the more info you provide the better.

Jonzin4Reptiles

My husbandry with him has always been a battle since i rescued him. He came with a Tank as a home so humidity has always been an issue. I did rebuild the top so it wasn`t all screen like it came to me. His temp-s are great, his hot side depending on where he is ranges from 105ish to 110ish on top of his hide, cool side is 85ish, he gets clean water every mornin, and eats 40g`s of prepared ground turkey every 2nd day. It`s very hard finding good clean mulch up here so again i`ve kept him on what he was on when i got him which is a recycled cardboard balls sorta stuff ... it does hold moisture well and he loves tunneling in it, but my hunt still continues for some Cyprus mulch for his new enclosure i`m just puttin the finishing touches on, i`m hoping the new enclosure will solve my humidity problems.

It was the 1st time i seen him 2day so yes he prolly just finished his mornin drink. He also had some skin that didn`t come off his back feet so i gave him a soak for a bit. An he did sound better afterwards.

I`ve been in touch with my buddy/boss at the Reptile Zoo and he`s comin over 2morrow 2 do some swabs for testing, gonna do Anubis and his tank walls.

Cheers,

John
Owner - Jonzin4Reptiles
https://www.facebook.com/groups/jonzin4reptiles/

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
annettekirtont