• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

My male Golden Tegu " Anubis "

Jonzin4Reptiles

So this will be Anubis` perminant thread where i`ll post all his updates ....

2day was my 1st day handling Anubis ... he was actually quite relaxed once out of his tank. These pics were takin after he`d been out for about an hour already just b4 i put him back in his tank. For the 1st hour i had him in the bathroom with the door closed. I sat in the tub with him for the 1st half hour, i placed him in my lap and let him roam. Then got out the tub and just sat on the floor and let him go, He explored the whole bathroom, all over me and even at one point climbed up my arm to my shoulder then up and sat on my head LOL ( sorry once in bathroom i realized i forgot camera ) He was for the most part pretty relaxed the whole time except the 1st time i tried to pet him, to which he lifted himself high as he could, arched his back and made little huffin sounds lol was pretty cute ;) . After he realized his little fit wasn`t gonna work he chilled and let me pick him up whenever i wanted, and most times when i held my hand out he would actually come over and crawl on and up my arm. All and all was a great 1st day of interaction for both of us :D

Last pic is of me rubbing under his chin

PS: He has also eaten everyday for me so far :) Even 2day after our play session!

Cheers,

John

IMG_3025.jpg

IMG_3026.jpg

IMG_3030.jpg

What `m i doin wrong with my pics?

Cheers,

John

TeguBuzz

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Damn he's looking nice, love that gold color!

The pics are too large is what it says, I never get that problem, maybe try condensing them.

Jonzin4Reptiles

Thanx TeguBuzz ... the Golds turn green under the light it`s soo cool!

I`ll try making the mext batch smaller b4 posting.

Cheers,

John

Jonzin4Reptiles

Thanx Bubblz & HPizzle ... He is a looker alrite, from what i`ve seen of golds in pics and vids.

Had him out again today for over an hour ... here`s a couple of the highlight pics and a vid of him in the tubby. He started his shed 2day so needed the water.

IMG_3041Cropped.jpg

IMG_3042cropped.jpg

And what seems to be his fav place to sit ... both days multi times
IMG_3050cropped.jpg

And back home again chillin
IMG_3057cropped.jpg

And tubby time

Cheers,

John
Seems this pic didn`t wanna post last time ...

His fav place to sit ...
IMG_3050.jpg

Cheers,

John

dragonmetalhead

1,000+ Post Club
I love the name. He has such pretty coloring. so different from the black and white I'm used to with Kodo. Kodo likes to sit on my head/shoulders too, but watch out he doesn't use you as a toilet; nothing's worse than tegu poo in your hair, believe me!

Jonzin4Reptiles

Thanx Dragon & Martin :D I know i`ve said it b4 but his colors are truely amazing ... His golds change to greens under his light but my camera doesn`t capture it well :( I can`t wait to see him 2day as he was in shed yesterday and there are chunks of shed in his enclosure. I`m sure i`ll get some fresh shed pics 2day ;)

Cheers,

John

dragonmetalhead

1,000+ Post Club
That shot of him on the rock/cave looks a lot like the pic from Wikipedia. He really is an amazingly photogenic lizard.

Sirhc401

That is a nice tegu. Thanks to ppl like you who have gold tegus to disprove the ppl who say the Colombians are not good to tame, I might get myself a gold tegu one day, they are really beautiful animals.

dragonmetalhead

1,000+ Post Club
So far, I have found every negative thing I have read about Colombian tegus to be false. They're great lizards.

Jonzin4Reptiles

Well i can`t speak for them all .... but my little guy is great. He`s only ever huffed at me ... never tried to bite or anything. And he`s been pretty stressed out ... 2 or 3 diff homes last few months. So all in all i`d says he`s handling things pretty well. He actually hid all day yesterday, never seen him at all and the food i left in his enclosure overnight wasn`t touched. I changed out the food with new a couple hours ago, put in a halfed hard boiled egg, a small turkey ball and 3 pieces of steak, he is now out of hiding and has eatin a piece of beef. I`m gonna let him be 2day ... no handling!

Cheers,

John

Jonzin4Reptiles

Thanx BK :D His golds are truely magical ... under his light all the golds change to shades of green :D

No new pics last couple days as i`m givin him a few days to chill and get eatin better. He`s only been eatin a mouth full of food most days, yesterday was half a hard bioled egg yolk, then 2day he didn`t touch a thing :( I think i may have moved to fast in handling him and stressed him out even more then he already was from the 3 moves in 2-3 months. Now i`m stressed out because i stressed him out :(

Cheers,

John

dragonmetalhead

1,000+ Post Club
Don't worry too much. Colombians don't hibernate like the Argentines do, but they do slow down in the winter months. I'm sure Anubis will start eating again once he's had some time to chill and get hungry.

Jonzin4Reptiles

Thanx for the reassurance Dragon ... i needed some. I did know they didn`t hibernate which is another reason i`ve been worried ... he has only been coming out of hiding for a few hours in the afternoon then back to hiding.

Cheers,

John

Sirhc401

My friend with all young tegus they like to hide. A LOT. it took Odin about a month before he came out regularly. and he did not want to eat much the first week, and when we got him to eat we had to give it to him in his cage and leave the room. he would not eat in front of us

dragonmetalhead

1,000+ Post Club
Yeah, Kodo has been known to spend all day buried beneath his water dish if he doesn't feel like coming out. I was worried when Kodo's appetite suddenly decreased—he went from eating 18 silversides a sitting to maybe 5 or 6—but he eats at least a little something every day. All my reptiles eat less during the winter; when the weather warms up I'm sure Anubis will eat with a vengeance.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
annettekirtont