• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Lost Tegu :(

TehPenguin

5 Year Member
I work, 9 a.m to 5 p.m. My mum went to take a quick look on my sweety before she went out for a quick lunch, she gave him a quick pet and was on her way. What she had forgot to do was put the lock back in place. He could have been missing since around 10. I got home around 6 and have been looking for him since. It's been nearly 2 hours and I am saddened and hurt that I cannot find him. I have 2 heat lamps out in the house, but no food, as my dogs would likely eat it. The cats have been kicked out all day, so I'm not scared of that. I've torn apart my room, and totally rearranged it. Any tips for a first time tegu lost?

jmiles50

5 Year Member
My baby has gone "missing" a few times :oops: Be patient and keep looking! Look somewhere dark and cool ;) Good luck, and keep us all updated :!:

DaRealJoker

5 Year Member
look inside armrests of couches and chairs, in backs of closets, refrgidgerators and stoves, aswell as search any openings u know of on any of your walls, Inside boxsprings and laundry piles are a good place to look aswell, and even behind the cage. Good luck and hope u find him.

DaRealJoker

5 Year Member
I lost mine for a few hours, inside my couch. I was lucky I had remembered hearing strange sounds in the couch and thought to check. He was there, but way up inside and I had to cut the side of my couch open to get him out. Was scary since I have a Columbian, and you don't wanna stick your hand in any dark holes if you know one of them are in it lol. I read a post a while back about someones Tegu takin a hianus. I think they were in search of theirs for a couple weeks if not longer as they had alot of holes in their walls. Not too sure how long ago that thread was tho.

TehPenguin

5 Year Member
After reading posts, I moved my fridge and stove but to no luck. I'm just hoping it will be hours, not days or weeks.

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
He is there somewhere, he will be on the ground and in a dark warm place.

TehPenguin

5 Year Member
Unfortunately, he's just a little one, coming in at merely a foot nose to tail. Been looking for nearly four hours straight, I hope he's okay. I would be less worried, but, there is a large towel cupboard in our bathroom. I had taken it out just yesterday to fix the sliders, and there is a very large hole in there leading to the tub area, and some odd hole which leads under the house. :( My tegu is small enough to get under all of our doors in the house, I'm dreading the possibility of him crawling into those holes.

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
TehPenguin said:
Unfortunately, he's just a little one, coming in at merely a foot nose to tail. Been looking for nearly four hours straight, I hope he's okay. I would be less worried, but, there is a large towel cupboard in our bathroom. I had taken it out just yesterday to fix the sliders, and there is a very large hole in there leading to the tub area, and some odd hole which leads under the house. :( My tegu is small enough to get under all of our doors in the house, I'm dreading the possibility of him crawling into those holes.

I would keep that area blocked off, he might not be in there and I would keep it where he could not get in there. Just keep the door closed and put something under the door.

omgtaylorg

5 Year Member
Ive seen a tegu lost inside the fridge before, not mine but a friends...it crawled up INSIDE the fridge in the electrical stuff from the back underneath...and Ive also heard or tegus being lost for months...under floor boards and stuff like that. Every little dark place it couldve got to needs to be checked...but you will find him eventually, they need food and they will scavange for it, same with heat. Good luck

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
TehPenguin said:
Thanks guys, wish me the best of luck!

You can also use flour on the door ways, then check later for tracks, it will let you know what way he went when he moves.

omgtaylorg

5 Year Member
VARNYARD said:
TehPenguin said:
Thanks guys, wish me the best of luck!

You can also use flour on the door ways, then check later for tracks, it will let you know what way he went when he moves.
Wow...thats a great idea. Never thought of that. Id put it everywhere :D that way you can see which way he goes anywhere.

PuffDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Aye yi yi, good luck! I lost a water dragon for a week once. I started to give up hope then one morning he woke me up running across my wooden floor. Just keep searching!

TehPenguin

5 Year Member
What would be a good treat to put out for him? I have a large ring of flour and in that is a nice heat lamp. Any food suggestions?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980