• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Japan website (Graphic)

PuffDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Came across this website today. It may be very disturbing to some viewers so discretion is advised.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.japanesebugfights.com/">http://www.japanesebugfights.com/</a><!-- m -->

PuffDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Personally, I don't like this. The scenario's would never happen in the wild. Most of the time you can see both insects trying to flee the enclosure, but they are pitted up against each other and forced to fight.

Looking at just the structural differences of each insect clearly shows they weren't designed to fight/capture the other insect they are up against. Mantids are one of my favorite insects and I think they are beautiful, I can't believe they don't care if they get killed. Makes me sad really.

PuffDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Don't be sorry. I am curious to see how everyone else feels. Your entitled to your feelings. Call me a hippy lol

Kazzy

5 Year Member
Yeah, you can call me a hippy too. That just makes me think of dog fights and such. I just can't get entertainment from other creatures trying to kill others...

Beazer

5 Year Member
Yeah, I really dont like the whole bug fight crap. Its sad. Being a pit owner, I hate all animal fighting. Just cause its "just" a bug doesnt mean it can't feel pain. Though, we have all wondered what would win if something actually faught something, I would never put it to the test. If they were videos of actual, non-staged, occurences in the wild it would be quite interesting to see the outcomes. Unfortunately, from my understanding, most insect/herp combats on national geo/educational channels are staged. I've actually seen a few wild invert fights and they were quite interesting. One of the combats were 2 Vejovus scorpions and they were balled up... im not sayin in the perverted way lol but if you can picture "69" thats what it looked like. One interesting combat I had seen was with a large Sculopendra sp. vs Shovel Nosed snake. Centipedes taking down anything is pretty gnarly lol. I once had a Sc. heros arizonensis behind the head and it used its legs to hook into me, felt like it was stapled to my arm so I had to use my micro hook to scootch my arm free and let it run off.

-Jon DeLong

Markie

5 Year Member
I can't say that it wasn't a little interesting, but I still disagree with it. It's kind of sad that they resort to that for entertainment.

nat

5 Year Member
I don't care for any kind of entertainment that is based on the unnatural death and / or violence of animals (or people for that matter in the case of "real videos"). Its really disturbing to me when a society labels that kind of activity entertainment.

Gx3

5 Year Member
Well, I see animals die all the time (my blood won't eat anything but live rats) but I view that as different because it is necessary for my snake to survive. Like PuffDragon said these fights are totally unnatural. What is a centipede suppose to do to an armored beetle? And, I used to own several centipedes and millipedes and they are actually both really cool "bugs" to watch (especially the poisonous centipedes!).

AB^

5 Year Member
How bout me and you Jon (Beazer), winner gets the title

vivid-imaginations-wwe-title-belts-.jpg

Harveysherps

5 Year Member
OK heres the part where I make everyone mad. I love dog fights chicken fights and all that kind of stuff. Nothing gets my blood pumping more. Unless it is me doing it. My son and I fight MMA locally and I love it. The more blood the better as far as I'm concerned. Fighting is the way to find the better animal of the 2. That's how lots of animals decide who breeds and who doesn't. So I say bring on the fight. Insects fighting is cool to an extent [Mod Edit]

Harveysherps

5 Year Member
Afraid not my dear. I don't mean any disrespect . To you or anyone else. But that is my honest opinion. I guess I'm shallow and all that. But I do enjoy every minute of it. I don't use my dogs for it any more. But I used too and I still enjoy watching. **** fighting is much worse. Bulldog fights (the ones I have been too) are more like a boxing match and are one by points not killing. Seldom do the dogs ever get hurt really bad. It's more fun than a barrel of monkeys. It's a good way to get a good price for your dogs too. I sell pups for 600 to 1000 dollars each. I sold one of my winning males for $8000 one time. So it's all good in my book.

Beazer

5 Year Member
No offense Wes, everybody has their flaws. But it seems like the money gets your blood pumping in that situation. As far as figuring out the best blood, that happens in the wild. Dog fights are a controlled environment. Would a natural occurance of wolves fighting get my blood pumping? Hell yeah it would, its my dream to photograph that. As far as chickens, its the same way only, I dont really get excited about watching 2 cocks have at it lol. I try to look at other peoples points and views. But animals fighting in an annatural occurence is just wrong. I wouldnt say you made me mad.... just really disappoints me theres still so much ignorance. Just being in the MMA doesnt really have anything to do with fighting dogs. Fighting dogs is just a form of compensation in my opinion. Thats all I have to say.
Btw though. What division do you fight in? I use to do MMA when I was younger.

-Jon DeLong

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pags1029