• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

It was bound to happen

Kazzy

5 Year Member
We had the anaconda out from work to attract people in. Well, apparently she was done being an attraction...while I was holding her...look:
*Big Hug*
l_b84ff70375c61f95e0bbaadd8c60bae7.jpg

Wait a second...what was the crunch sound? Hmm...I think I'll put the snake down now:
l_84f04ec6ae90bc7861ef1a6d48260f6e.jpg

Luckily, I didn't jerk away or freak when she bit me. I calmly sat her down and walked away. Not 30 seconds later the blood was running down my arm. Wow, I got out lucky though!
I took it like a 'man'...even though all the men I work with would have screamed like a baby and gotten his arm ripped up. Girl power, yo!
l_805a28428b3dc5152fe33fc8836ccd3c.jpg

We put tattoo ink in the bite wounds in hopes that it will stay. Looking good so far!

Beazer

5 Year Member
Lol, pretty gnarly. Youre a trooper though. Nice photo.
Any sign of infection? I had an anaconda bite get pretty nasty.

-Jon DeLong

Kazzy

5 Year Member
Thanks! Everyone at work is bragging about me for not freaking out. lol!
No sign of infection. We cleaned it with actual medical soap and such to keep an infection off hopefully.

Azaleah

5 Year Member
Wow thats a sucky place to get bitten! I think its funny that you put tattoo ink in there tho. Cute idea lol. Hopefully it'll stay for you.

Kazzy

5 Year Member
lol yeah, it's a bit sore now. I just keep thinking...if I had freaked and pulled away...yikes. First, it would have ripped me open BIG time there and that snake probably would have wrapped her 200-250 lb self around me...that would have sucked.
I really hope the ink stays. If not I'm going to get some to go back over it...no matter how bad it hurts.

Kazzy

5 Year Member
Thanks!
Yeah...after that first shot I just fell down and let her slither off me. Then they put her back on me for more shots and that's when she bit me. That girl is HEAVY. At one point she slithered right to me, up my body, and over my shoulder...knocking me down of course. But it was like a big obstacle to her. It was pretty funny.

BPaulette

5 Year Member
The tattoo ink was a really great idea. I hope that it will work. Jaws will drop when someone ask you what it that a tattoo of? LOL

Kazzy

5 Year Member
lol Thanks! Yeah...I can't wait to get to show off my tattoos...
"Oh, this one was actually my first tattoo. Yeah, I was holding a green anaconda and she bit me. Cool, eh?"
lol

hoosier

5 Year Member
that would make a BA tat. my buddy when he first got his albino redtail go bit on the nipple. he pulled her back. i give you props for not freaking out. 8)

Mike

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Haha, congrats. You're very brave, i couldnt handle anything bigger than a ball python :lol:

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
When I seen the first pictue I was thinking that was the tamest big green I have seen, but after the second two, she is like most green condas. You got lucky, she could have gotton you much worse.

Kazzy

5 Year Member
Thanks Mike!
Actually, Bobby, that girl is SUPER tame. Total sweet heart. That's first time she has EVER bitten anyone. She was just stressed from being outside and all the people and such. Yes, I was VERY lucky.

DZLife

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Oops, wasn't paying attention. I was about to say something about it being a yellow XD
I saw Bobby's post, looked back at the pics, and whatdya know, it changed its type when I wasn't looking!

It's difficult to do what you did, not trying to pull her off and all.

I've had the same problem, only it was with a much smaller snake, and the one that I was bitten by was (at the time) wild and gave me a nice lil infection. Either that, or it was an extended effect of the venom :)
She is a lil sweety now, though.

Still, yours obviously hurt a bit more.... :p

I hope that tat stays....it'll be a great....icebreaker.
:)

Kazzy

5 Year Member
It actually didn't hurt bad at all. Not as bad as I had thought. She didn't strike, her head was just by my arm and she turned and opened her mouth. lol!

DZLife

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Kazzy said:
It actually didn't hurt bad at all. Not as bad as I had thought. She didn't strike, her head was just by my arm and she turned and opened her mouth. lol!

That's exactly what my lil venemous one used to do. She has never actually struck.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980