• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Hiding in my enclosure

mschuld

5 Year Member
Hey Bobby,

A friend of ours kept a possum for some time and found that it had a very short memmory. Don't be surprised if it takes a chunk of your hand after not being around for a day or two. Be carefull guy!

ashesc212

5 Year Member
VARNYARD said:
homer said:
thats disgusting, possums are viscous rodents

They are not rodents, wrong family of animals.

People are so misinformed about possums. Many think they all have rabies, etc. In fact, I did my research on the web one time after saving a possum that was hit and in the line of traffic (man - did I P-off a police officer), and it turns out that they are less susceptible to parasites and diseases than even dogs and cats. Additionally, they are hypo allergenic.

Bobby - he is so cute! I applaud your efforts. I'm just wondering if you will have to keep him rather than release him into the wild if you take care of him as he may not know how to hunt, forage, or defend himself.

I want a possum!

Beasty

5 Year Member
ashesc212 said:
Beasty said:
Yessir! He said yummy!
He was your typical garbage disposal monitor. Quite the clean-up crew all by himself. :lol:

:/ ...meanie...
Eh.. everybody's gotta eat and it was fairly pitiful looking. If I had left it I'd bet it would have died anyway. I wasn't about to nurse it and didn't want it to go to waste..so Maxx got a meal of it.
If Bobby hadn't grabbed that one it would most assuredly have been lunch eventually if it had not escaped, provided it was in an adult tegu enclosure. Or looking at the size of it, it might have harmed a cold tegu that wasn't fast enough.

You don't want a possum. They're mean as anything. AND they're tough and stringy with a greasy taste. :lol: So I hear. :rasp

Suzanne

5 Year Member
I think the little possum is adorable!! I've never seen a possum in the wild. I don't think we have them this far north (ottawa) although I am told that there are lots of them in southern Ontario.

ashesc212

5 Year Member
Beasty said:
ashesc212 said:
Beasty said:
Yessir! He said yummy!
He was your typical garbage disposal monitor. Quite the clean-up crew all by himself. :lol:

:/ ...meanie...
Eh.. everybody's gotta eat and it was fairly pitiful looking. If I had left it I'd bet it would have died anyway. I wasn't about to nurse it and didn't want it to go to waste..so Maxx got a meal of it.
If Bobby hadn't grabbed that one it would most assuredly have been lunch eventually if it had not escaped, provided it was in an adult tegu enclosure. Or looking at the size of it, it might have harmed a cold tegu that wasn't fast enough.

You don't want a possum. They're mean as anything. AND they're tough and stringy with a greasy taste. :lol: So I hear. :rasp

Lol...

k412

5 Year Member
Opossums are so cute!
If I pass a dead one roadside I always check the pouch. I have found babies on mommy twice so far.
They are adorable and far from vicious!
Pick them up by the tail. They don't have the abdominal strength to come up and bite, even if they wanted to.
They are very very low on the rabies vector list. Their body temperature is too low to maintain the virus.

Reflektr

5 Year Member
Syrup is viscous. Motor oil is viscous. Opossums are furry lol! Marsupials are quite amazing mammals. Monotremes are even more crazy yet.

Beazer

5 Year Member
Looks like you found my ex. On a serious note I cant believe I didnt see this post lol. One of my herpin buddies had a possum that he'd road cruise with on his dashboard when he was younger lol. Great stuff.

-Jon DeLong

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pags1029