• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Gotta Pair of Retics

Kazzy

5 Year Member
Wow, that male has some great iridescence to him. Looks like the girl we have at work. I work with several retics. They have a HUGE feeding response, but if full they tend to be pretty calm. We even have some lavender albinos at work (GORGEOUS). Our 8 foot one bit me once (owie), and our 10 foot tiger has almost gotten me several times.

Harveysherps

5 Year Member
Thanks Kazzy. Pics don't do him justice. She is going into a shed in the pic. You definitely need to respect the big Retics. I'm glad these 2 and the 2 15ft. Burms are leaving too. I have to do all my snake handling by myself .So when they get over 100 lbs and over 10ft. I tend to want to sell them and move them on. I am way more interested in My Albino Boas.

Kazzy

5 Year Member
Yeah, they can be very dangerous, especially by yourself. Heck, I work with a 16 green anaconda as well. She can be a total sweetheart, but I would not open her cage unless there were people there that could stand by and make sure she didn't think I was food.

CaseyUndead

5 Year Member
I can't wait 'til my retic gets as big as those!

Hopefully she'll calm down a little by then, though. She's about 4 feet now, and she's a sweetheart once she's out of the enclosure and crawling on you, but she can be a little psycho when you're trying to get her out. She's really easy to accidentally piss off.

angelrose

5 Year Member
Kazzy said:
Wow, that male has some great iridescence to him. Looks like the girl we have at work. I work with several retics. They have a HUGE feeding response, but if full they tend to be pretty calm. We even have some lavender albinos at work (GORGEOUS). Our 8 foot one bit me once (owie), and our 10 foot tiger has almost gotten me several times.

Kazzy, that's an idea :idea: , I should just find a place where I can help out with snakes on the side since I really lov'em all.

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Kazzy said:
Where do you work that has all these big snakes??? I'm pretty sure it's not Petco!!! :mrgreen:

Kazzy

5 Year Member
Extreme Pets in Smyrna, Tennessee. It's kind of a dump right now, but we just got new management and things are looking up.

Harveysherps

5 Year Member
Here are a couple more pics. I took these the other day. I took these before cage cleaning. I guess I should have done it after. But I was too tired.LOL
snakesandstuff019.jpg

snakesandstuff012.jpg

Harveysherps

5 Year Member
My advice to anyone that wants one. Buy a baby and handle it often. As in everyday as much as you can. I also say buy a Tiger Retic. The are much more docile than the normal ones. The female Tiger is a puppy dog. The male is a Tazmanian devil on Crank. You can't wear him down to where he will quit fighting. We tried that last night and he never gave up. Burms if you dominate them . They become docile and stop all struggling and fighting. But this male Retic will never give up. He fought us the whole time. I'm just glad he is going to some one that knows snakes. He is also close for me to help him with them when he needs me.

Kazzy

5 Year Member
DaveDragon said:
Kazzy said:
Extreme Pets in Smyrna, Tennessee.
Just outside Nashville! I wouldn't expect a place like that in that area. Too bad it's 1054 mile drive for us. :roll:

lol yup yup! Actually might be selling some of the critters online soon.

Kazzy

5 Year Member
Yeah, tigers seem to be the calmest. Our platinum/silver (w/e you want to call it) is actually pretty calm outside of the cage. And one of our albino lavenders is pretty good once calmed down.

Harveysherps

5 Year Member
I gotta get directions to that place. I am ony 105 miles from Nashville myself. I life in Alabam but I'm right on the Tennessee line. I'm close to Minor Hill Tn. That place is close enough for me to drive up. I gotta but load of rats if the shop ever needs any.

Kazzy

5 Year Member
He might be interested if you sell them for cheaper than our supplier.
The place is a major dump...well, was....now it's just a little dump (lol). We've got better management and he lets me do what needs to be done for the reptiles, unlike my main boss. Stuff is getting done and the place is cleaning up nicely. PM me and I can give you directions.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980