• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

gold mixes?

nbmiller59

Has anyone ever mixed goldtegus with a red or does that not work...just thought i would ask. And can anyone tell me how there experience with there gold is or was. Do they calm down like Colums do.

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Golds are Colombians and cannot cross with reds or any other Argentine species.

nbmiller59

I really like golds but from everything i see there poo tempered or hard to tame. Im eating on an extreme right now. He said mine is to ship next Monday.

Bubblz Calhoun

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
As far as I know or have seen it has not been proven one way or the other if they can or not.
Whether or not they can breed.
If the eggs will be fertile.
Or even if so, will the offspring be fertile.
People have their own opinions and ideas about it but that's it. Use the search engine in the upper right corner, there are quite a few threads about it.

DavidRosi

As far as Colombians being "poo tempered"; this is more of a stereotype passed down from about 10 years ago when a lot of Colombian golds were WC so therefore notably aggressive. My Colombian gold took time to become hand tame but I've never kept any other tegus to compare to. He is now happy to be held, stroked etc and shows absolutely no viv defensiveness aside from a few huffs and puffs which is adorable !

Bubblz Calhoun

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
To add to that ^ ^ ^ any tegu can be hard to work with It's a chance you take when dealing with live animals. Regardless of what you've heard or read, which one's are calmer, easier to handle tame or what ever you never know how the tegu will be until you get it.

Out of all of my tegus I had the hardest time working with Tricky my AA. Until this day I've never been bitten by anything so many times in my life other than mosquitos.

TegusRawsome80

5 Year Member
They are more skittish normally. Even tame ones I have met are just more rapidly moving and a bit more skittish. They can tame down though.

nbmiller59

I know colum. Tame down just as th there's but from war I've seen goods are just always jumpy. And i have never seen a full grown one. I would like to see a gold extreme but...maybe i will give it a shot hahah

nbmiller59

But would it work. I want to try and i really want a gold any ways. Could u imagine how big that thing would be. Man possibilities that may not work but if they did...wow. i like the nice parts of this website.

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I'm about 90% sure it won't work. It wouldn't be any bigger than a normal tegu.

nbmiller59

Debby downer...yah i guess. Now what about a paraguayan red and extreme? Where are extensively any way? Sweet if some one made albino red extremes! Idk im just really excited for my extreme.

Where are extremes from any way?**

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Extremes are just high white black and white tegus. Yes reds and extremes can breed.

KABIKANO

Shoot, I'm optimistic too like you! If it works, Imma breed a Red, Blue and Gold to produce a Philippine flag colored tegu! Dope! It'd be crazy if we could get our hands on some yellow tegus over here... Time to pull on some connections to make that happen!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
annettekirtont