• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

GETTING STEVE OUT

apocalypse910

Not sure if it will work for you but the smell of wax worms always makes my tegu come running out of his hide. I can usually just blow some air over the open container and I'll see a tegu nose in a few seconds. Not sure it will work if he hasn't eaten them before but may be worth a shot.

Good luck getting him out.

laurarfl

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Well, the little guy is likely heading into a hibernating mode as is the rest of this clutch. Therefore, food is not going to entice him much.

You could probably remove the baseboard of the cabinet in one piece and then replace it if you have someone who knows what they are doing.

Raise your virtual hand if you have never made a mistake in caring for your reptiles. Stuff happens. I gave ReptileGuy the tegu after he got ripped off from Bobby. And I'm not upset about it. So let's be encouraging and positive instead of beating a man when he's down. :) I know we would all be a little stressed if any of our pets went missing.

tresh

tegus and their love of getting into hard to reach places! I'm sure EVERYONE has had this happen at least one time, or more. Particularly with a wiggly exploring baby tegu who just wants to find a place to hide and feel safe.

ReptileGuy

laurarfl said:
Well, the little guy is likely heading into a hibernating mode as is the rest of this clutch. Therefore, food is not going to entice him much.

You could probably remove the baseboard of the cabinet in one piece and then replace it if you have someone who knows what they are doing.

Raise your virtual hand if you have never made a mistake in caring for your reptiles. Stuff happens. I gave ReptileGuy the tegu after he got ripped off from Bobby. And I'm not upset about it. So let's be encouraging and positive instead of beating a man when he's down. :) I know we would all be a little stressed if any of our pets went missing.

Thanks Laura....We are gonna have a contractor come and see if they can do anything without destroying the unit. :/ Sorry I let this happen to one of your babies :(

ReptileGuy

Ok guys....We had a contractor come over and he showed me how to destroy it but still make it repairable lol....and I'm almost where he is! The contractor said that where he is there is no way for him to come out on his own, and now that he smells me he is scratching to come out! He seems to be making whining noises every once in a while. Does that mean he is hurt?? ALMOST GOT HIM ^_^

Murkve

Hey guys, I'm gonna try and type this quick so I can get back to work. I'm almost at where Steve is (yes got around to tearing the piece of Poo cabinet apart) and he is making whining sounds when i say "here stevey!" is he injured?!?!? im really freaking out right now and trying to get him back!! i think i can still here is tongue flicker....is that a good sign?? ANYONE please respond ASAP

I copied it from your other thread. Good luck. No one can say for sure what condition he is in until you get him out.

Once you do get him out, consider a vet appointment. Many people are inexperienced at detecting signs of poor health in reptiles. Even scratches and burns manifest themselves differently, and reptiles are known for hiding internal ailments well.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980