• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

GETTING STEVE OUT

ReptileGuy

turns out animal control can actually get him out without harming him. Looks like I will be calling them tomorrow!! :D

ReptileGuy

TegusRawsome80 said:
That's good but why is animal control involved in this and how do they plan on getting him out?

I'm calling them about the procedure in the morning.

james.w said:
Why can't you get him out?

Because he is too far back in the inside of the cabinet and haven't seen him yet. Apparently they can spray some non toxic gas that will force them to come out. But thats just what I read on google....So I'm calling them this morning to see.

Bubblz Calhoun

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Why not just block off any openings or ways for him to get out of the bathroom (like under the door way) and wait for him to come out?
Why risk doing something you read on google that may or may not be harmful to reptiles?
On top of that getting animal control involved, with exotic pets depending on the laws in your area that's not always a good thing.

Also why two or three threads for the same thing? Just keep one thread updated.

ReptileGuy

Bubblz Calhoun said:
Why not just block off any openings or ways for him to get out of the bathroom (like under the door way) and wait for him to come out?
Why risk doing something you read on google that may or may not be harmful to reptiles?
On top of that getting animal control involved, with exotic pets depending on the laws in your area that's not always a good thing.

Also why two or three threads for the same thing? Just keep one thread updated.

Yea I forgot about the other thread...lol But I'm not doing the gassing nor calling animal control. I have already blocked everywhere and am hoping for the best. I will post a pic of the setup.

Skeetzy

I agree. I can only imagine the amount of stress forcing him out will cause. He's probably already super stressed, why add to it. My votes to leave some food out and a heat lamp set up.

ReptileGuy

Skeetzy said:
I agree. I can only imagine the amount of stress forcing him out will cause. He's probably already super stressed, why add to it. My votes to leave some food out and a heat lamp set up.

That is what I'm already doing...Posting a pic of the setup right now.

I turned the lights off in the bathroom so there is only one light which will guide him...

Attachments

• 534428_538673536146549_1578762241_n.jpg
    534428_538673536146549_1578762241_n.jpg
    13.7 KB · Views: 17

ReptileGuy

On another note, my biggest fear is that he can't get out. The way to get out would be very awkward and we would have to crawl sideways horizontally.

TegusRawsome80

5 Year Member
I would be concerned leaving him in for to long. He's a baby tegu. They need a lot of food frequently. Although I personally would have torn the unit apart, I understand that's not an option. I guess you can try waiting him out but I wouldn't wait to long.

TeguBuzz

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
It's been 3 or so days now, right? I'm thinkin you gotta find a way to get him out real soon, real quick, cause stories like this usually don't end nicely. I'm hoping for the best. Keep us posted.

ReptileGuy

TeguBuzz said:
It's been 3 or so days now, right? I'm thinkin you gotta find a way to get him out real soon, real quick, cause stories like this usually don't end nicely. I'm hoping for the best. Keep us posted.

This is only the second day. But I definitely agree with you. Every time I come up with something though people say that it will just stress him out more and he will never come out. So I'm beside myself as to what to do right now....

tommyboy

Post some pics of the area he got in and of the entire sink. I'm sure we can guide you better with more knowledge of where he is.

TegusRawsome80

5 Year Member
Tear it apart. If there is any chance to do so that is what I would do. Maybe give him til the end of the day but don't wait to long.

ReptileGuy

tommyboy said:
Post some pics of the area he got in and of the entire sink. I'm sure we can guide you better with more knowledge of where he is.

Already had a handy man come. He told me the area he would be in and assured me that he couldn't get into the wall. So I'm not as scared but still worried if he can get out.

TegusRawsome80 said:
Tear it apart. If there is any chance to do so that is what I would do. Maybe give him til the end of the day but don't wait to long.

There is no possible way...As much as I wanna do it, my parents won't allow it as they will be charged $$$$ from the landlords as it was custom built unit.

tegus4life

If your tegu hasn't come out yet it doesn't look like the odds are going to be in your favor though it is still rather hard to tell... If you can somehow take further action/ talk to the landlord and ask about doing ANYTHING else to get him out, I would.

ReptileGuy

tommyboy said:

I had a handy man come over and he told me where he would be and that there is no way he could get into the wall. I can't take the thing apart as it is built into the wall and it is a rental house.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980