• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

getting a tegu

Draco D Tegu

Max....did you ever think that English might not be that guy's first language? Or that perhaps he does not have a good grasp on how to relay himself online?

Perhaps he did research, which he at least attempted later to clarify what he was asking.

Have a little patience, it was kinda ridiculous to "call him out" as you put it, without even asking him to clarify.

This is the kind of thing that has ruined many a forum. One must have a little heart and patience until the person shows themself to be a troll or just lazy. I don't think either of those was the case with YoYo....

I like this site, I've learned a lot in my short time here, much more than any of the other forums (repticzone is one that I got tired of the incessant banter in). We ALL can always learn SOMETHING.

I will state I do not think you were as rude to yoyo as say, TheKid but I did find your tone to be a little condescending, even if you did not intend it to be.....I mean we all start somewhere.

slideaboot

5 Year Member
Max713 said:
Again, you need to re-read my posts, at no point was I "ridiculous". I never attacked anyone, or even argued with anyone! All I even said to the OP that would come across as negative was calling him out on claiming he had searched, he clearly hadn't, which I did in a calm and respectful way.
YOU are ridiculous for bashing someone for no apparent reason. It's an internet forum, and I've seen MUCH worse said by the admin himself, either someone needs to grow thicker skin or let some stuff brush off easier.
At no point did I try and discourage, just educate on the burden of such a pet. Adding a new owner to the community is always great, adding a new keeper that gives up after 6 months is not...

And no, I'm not comfortable here yet.

Oh, I've read your posts...don't you fret about that.

Your tone was COMPLETELY unnecessary and inappropriate. I read your first post and immediately thought, "Wow, this guy is a *****!". Maybe you need a lesson in internet etiquette? You were straight up yelling at this kid...all the while, might I add, actively contradicting your own husbandry advice.

Do you really think you have the same cred as the "admin himself" ? This is HIS forum, yeah?!?! Not only does Bobby own this site, he's THE tegu breeder--you are but a forum user, just like the rest of us.

And, regardless of what the "admin himself" posts, how does that make it OK for you to be a jerk in ANY way?

You can keep defending yourself with these flimsy little arguments...and we'll keep flippin' them on you until you find yourself back in reality.

Max713

You act like every new member is a child that should be treated with care...
I started by telling him to research, then answered some of his questions. Then after reading his second post, I gathered what information I could about him from what he posted, and made an assumption reflecting that. Is that how normal conversations progress? Although internet conversations can be more easily misunderstood, as it's much more difficult to deduct information from written text.

Yelling? How can you possibly deduct that I was yelling?
And at what point did I ever compare my credibility to that of the admin? All I stated was I've seen the very admin of this very site write worse things than me, on a forum that apparently support such ways...

Like I said, at no point was I rude, certainly not ridiculous. I will stand by my words, so anything further will be beating a dead horse.

Until I'm back in reality? I think your reality is that tat is scewed...

YOYO- I apologize if I came across as though I was attacking you in any way, I had no intention of that.

Max713

Draco D Tegu said:
Max713 said:

No...just like a human being and not insulted at first blush.

Again, I don't know how you deducted an insult from anything I had posted towards the OP...

slideaboot

5 Year Member
Max713 said:
I started by telling him to research, then answered some of his questions. Then after reading his second post, I gathered what information I could about him from what he posted, and made an assumption reflecting that. Is that how normal conversations progress? Although internet conversations can be more easily misunderstood, as it's much more difficult to deduct information from written text.

Yelling? How can you possibly deduct that I was yelling?
And at what point did I ever compare my

Like I said, at no point was I rude, certainly not ridiculous. I will stand by my words, so anything further will be beating a dead horse.

YOYO- I apologize if I came across as though I was attacking you in any way, I had no intention of that.

Are you kidding me right now? I don't think every new member is a child that should be treated with care--I think every new member is a PERSON with genuine desire to learn about tegus and DESERVES to be treated with respect. When someone comes here looking for information and your reply is, right out of the gate,

"Start researching!!!

Will this be your first reptile?
Are you prepared to take care of a 4'+ lizard for 20+ years?

The recommended enclosure size for an adult is 8'L x 4'W x 3'T, I will be using a 7'x3.5'x3', and that is on the small side! These lizards get big, and need a lot of space! You can't skimp out on the enclosure size!!!

You composed SIX SENTENCES in this little sample I've posted here. SIX. 4 of which were you yelling at YOYO (How many exclamation marks do you need to use?) The other 2 sentences were you questioning his ability to keep tegus. He came TO US for questions...

I'm not saying that people shouldn't do their own research or be prepared to face the questions you asked--the manner in which you approached it is what made you look like a jerk.

And yes, you are too comfortable here if you think you can talk to people like that, compare yourself to Varnyard, and not see a problem with it. The problem is you're too arrogant to recognize it.

G

He is doing his research..

That`s what we are about ....

A person can ask Most any question they want to [according to forum ] and others can comment or choose not to ....

The way it has been working is people ask questions others who have the time or inclination try to answer to the best of their abilities ...

Strange_Evil

5 Year Member
yoyocrazy said:
thomas thanks,strange thanks
i know they need a big tank all the people telling me i did not do research i wanted to know what you guys use.what you perfer.trent

N/p man, and if you want to see some cool enclosures and a how to on them,this site has a great Housing forum,check it out

<!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://www.tegutalk.com/viewforum.php?f=25#axzz1FTR4FoMw" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewforum.php?f=25#axzz1FTR4FoMw</a><!-- l -->

Draco D Tegu said:
We need a "like" button.

Agreed! I was just thinking that the other day.

Max713

At what point did I appear to be making a joke, or kidding in any fashion.
I was using exclamation points as a way to emphasize as is what an exclamation point is for, in this case bolding would have had the same effect. Usually, one deducts one is "yelling" at another by the context of the text, not the punctuation point following it.
AGAIN, I never once compared myself to the admin, merely stated a truth concerning him.

To the OP, it would probably be a good idea to start a new thread on the subject, as most will no longer want to post in this one after so much hostility.

slideaboot

5 Year Member
Max713 said:
At what point did I appear to be making a joke, or kidding in any fashion.
I was using exclamation points as a way to emphasize as is what an exclamation point is for, in this case bolding would have had the same effect. Usually, one deducts one is "yelling" at another by the context of the text, not the punctuation point following it.
AGAIN (for the last time), I never once compared myself to the admin, merely stated a truth concerning him.

To the OP, it would probably be a good idea to start a new thread on the subject, as most will no longer want to post in this one after so much hostility.

Oh dude...you're too fargone...

Your reply post was a joke.

As far as the exclamation points and yelling--you're trying WAAAY to hard here. Remember, just because you can't understand why somebody thinks you're rude, DOES NOT MEAN you're not being rude. It means you are incapable of understanding simple, conversational etiquette.

And, yes, you DID compare yourself to the admin. AGAIN, just because you don't understand how you compared yourself to him, that doesn't mean you didn't. It just means that you lack the ability to understand how simple comparisons were made. Maybe you should re-phrase and say that you "don't compare" to the admin? That'd make a helluva lot more sense.

As far as addressing the OP about starting a new thread due to hostility...WOW!!! You're NUTS!!! You were the FIRST PERSON TO RESPOND with what some (including myself) consider to be, hostility. It's certainly ironic that after all of the posts in this thread--ya know, the one where the person was asking for advice--your advice is for him/her to start a new thread. HAH!

Max713

I don't understand how clarifying the use of exclamation points in relation to yelling is "trying WAAAY to hard", only responding to your post claiming I had been "yelling".
I understand why you think I was being rude, that has been so clearly explained by yourself. But just as you implied, what one person considers to be rude, will be considered differently by the next.

You say I have no understanding of conversation etiquette... comical, as it seems in this argument I have never once insulted you, nor personally attacked you in any way, the same I cannot say about you. If you are basing that assumption off the way I address someone after deducting information from them after only several sentences, you are sorely mistaken. It seems my etiquette is much stronger than yours, especially after reading your responses to what further I have said.

Referencing the Admin's previous words and actions, and comparing them to the style of language I have used (apparently insulting), is in no way comparing myself to him. I was simply referencing previous posts on the very forum that several have stated doesn't condone such interaction...
Again, your ability to deduct is lacking.

I advised starting a new thread, as I'm confident he won't receive much further helpful information on this one for both the reason that few will want to engage in a thread full of so much hostile and off topic chatter, but also I will continue to argue with you over the silly points you make.
Having been the first to post in this thread has nothing to do with advising to start a new one after so much unrelated conversation has transpired, many would advise the same thing.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980