• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

fruits

j.sawyer48

I would only be gettin the ell naturall fruits like actual mangos n berries nuttin from a can I'm hopen today hell be out so I can give him some fruit :)

j.sawyer48

sooo i tried some mango today with no luck he did not want it i also tried to give him pinkys which i chopped up he wont have it he only like ground turkey is this good to be feeding him ground turkey all the time ima try strawberrys next feeding he is soo picky

jdpFL

I also notice with ours....some days he will attack something with gusto, them not want it the next three or four times we offer it, and conversely, some days won't try something new until we offer it a few times. Seems to be just what he's "in the mood for," and as long as you offer a wide variety it will probably surprise you what he decides to eat sometimes!

j.sawyer48

yea its weird he ate a [inky acouple weeks bak but he dosent want anything to do witt em now im tryin different things tuna fish some veggies fruits i even mixed the mango in wit the ground turkey today and he picked em out and just ate the turkey lol

jdpFL

That's hilarious. Ours has done that too when we mix foods. Like a two year old child, spit's out what he doesn't want. Ha!

j.sawyer48

i no right its soo funny but makes me me madd at the same time cause i just want him to be healthy and have a variety of food to eat not just one thing yea know

Dereks-Dragons

Do you guys think i can put a mix of fruit into a food chopper thing a processor i think it's called, and chop it all together to give to my paraguay?

j.sawyer48

hmm that sounds like a great idea actually ima try that myself like alil meat fruit smoothie lol im sure it would be fine

jdpFL

Sure derek, that's a great idea, especially because that will get him a few fruits and veggies at once....packed with vitamins! You might even sprinkle some calcium powder in there...tegu smoothie! I bet that's a good way to disguise a food that isn't his favorite. Although, the eat so many different things, usually you get everything they need by switching up what you're feeding. Let me know if he eats it! We've even put leftover baby food down for ours. Sometimes he eats it, sometimes ignores it.

Bubblz Calhoun

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I was just going to suggest that to keep him from picking it out and not eating it. :) I would blend the fruits and veggies together then add it to the staple. So that it's not too hard for him to eat it and making to much of a mess trying to.

j.sawyer48

cool im deff gunna do that im pretty sure he will gobble it up as for the pinkys i cut em up but he still didnt want him he just loves ground turkey is there anything wrong wit that bubblz???

j.sawyer48

pretty much he will only eat turkey he stopped wit crikets and i dont know were to get roaches beetles tried worms when he was lil and he never ate em he wont even eat hardboild eggs

Strange_Evil

5 Year Member
So i hit the jack pot today with some cherries and green grapes! He instantly went after it, it's funny because i offered grapes and cherries a number of times already, but once smothered in turkey it worked, i really even think it would to be honest. But it did.

My tegu also ignores insects. We'll when he feels like it he will eat a super worm or two,other than that no roaches,crickets or another insect i offer. But i still keep his diet as varied as possible and we'll supplemented.

Bubblz Calhoun

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Don't give in,.. he won't starve his self, it may sound cruel but when he's hungry enough he'll be willing to try just about anything. He's young, still learning what's good and not so good to eat. On top of that he may need to learn to be a little more opportunistic and that food can be hard to come by.

When you think about it :) wild tegus learn that real quick :dodgy: captives can get spoiled and complacent easily. Which is understandable their food is brought to them on a regular basis and they don't have to go looking or work for it, so they can afford to be picky.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980