• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Fostering a blue for a year

SnakeCharmr728

5 Year Member
Hatchling blue arrived safely in the mail this morning! Bred by Ty Parks who I highly recommend! I'm fostering "her" for a year for my brother and his girlfriend. I'm super excited to be able to raise this girl up for them..... now the hard part will be not getting attached...

One of Ty's pics of her
IMG_0922_zpsd57f8c41.jpg

Her this morning after she got here
IMG_1350_zps70707e10.jpg

IMG_1351_zps66e430c5.jpg

Steven.

Whoa.. Either she's huge or you got really small hands lol... That's blue sister. Lol.. Its hard to believe he wouldve been so big... Sigh.. They grow up so fast. By the way.. Your advise on my quince is being taking. She's coming inside.

sent from my phone to your eyes

She's 3 months rite?..

KABIKANO

[size=large]VERY NICE! I HOPE YOUR BROTHER AND HIS GF KNOW THAT THEY ARE OUT A TEGU!!! LOL! GOOD LUCK GIVING HER BACK! NOT HAPPININ'. I REPEAT, NOT HAPPININ'![/size]

tegus4life

KABIKANO said:
[size=large]VERY NICE! I HOPE YOUR BROTHER AND HIS GF KNOW THAT THEY ARE OUT A TEGU!!! LOL! GOOD LUCK GIVING HER BACK! NOT HAPPININ'. I REPEAT, NOT HAPPININ'![/size]

That's my baby! I'm so so lucky to have such an amazing tegu foster mommy, you'll definitely do a better job raising her than I would :p She is veryy cute!

SnakeCharmr728

5 Year Member
LOL She will get her back! haha or else I'll be out a brother. lol

Steven, glad you are bringing her inside, she will do much better that way. Also, look at her and think shes itty bitty.... Was told she was a month old? Is that how old Blue would be?

Steven.

Re: RE: Fostering a blue for a year

SnakeCharmr728 said:
LOL She will get her back! haha or else I'll be out a brother. lol

Steven, glad you are bringing her inside, she will do much better that way. Also, look at her and think shes itty bitty.... Was told she was a month old? Is that how old Blue would be?

Yeah she was born first week in august. Between Aug 7-9

Ntyvirus

How many clutches did Ty have? I got my blue from him I wanna say the 7th of August but it took me a week or two after I saw them pop up for sale. That point aside great lookin tegu.

Steven.

Ntyvirus said:
How many clutches did Ty have? I got my blue from him I wanna say the 7th of August but it took me a week or two after I saw them pop up for sale. That point aside great lookin tegu.

Ty from what i know has 1 breeding pair of blues.. And an albino female. Hes been trying to track down a male albino for awhile. He produces great and healthy animals... I know a bunch of people that got his reds and blues. He's mainly an iguana guy though. I plan on getting a hatching rhino from him soon..

tegus4life

Yeah I don't know how many clutches he had this year but I think that girl was going to be a holdback then he must've decided to sell it because he replied to my wanted ad on fauna

Steven.

Na he told me at the daytona show he's trying to get out the tegu business and just stay with iguanas. The got contracts with a lot of businesses to supply them with baby reds and greens.. He's banking lol

tegus4life

Oh that's strange, I guess she was definitely one of the last ones then, I assumed since he only had a couple and they hadn't sold yet that he wasn't trying to sell or wanted to hold them back. Since he sold her to me she obviously wasn't a holdback :p Do you know if he's going to sell his adult blues? They're both beautiful

TegusRawsome80

5 Year Member
I don't think you have it right Steven. He posted on facebook that he was building more tegu pens and recently acquired a second female albino. He also still has wanted ads posted for adults on Kingsnake classifieds. Maybe he changed his mind?

Steven.

TegusRawsome80 said:
I don't think you have it right Steven. He posted on facebook that he was building more tegu pens and recently acquired a second female albino. He also still has wanted ads posted for adults on Kingsnake classifieds. Maybe he changed his mind?

He must have. What he told me was he just wanted the ablinos and blues.

tegus4life said:
He also says he has about 30 tegus right now and is looking for more!

Yeah he told me he's got 500+ lizards and that's why he doesn't handle his babies.

tegus4life said:
Oh that's strange, I guess she was definitely one of the last ones then, I assumed since he only had a couple and they hadn't sold yet that he wasn't trying to sell or wanted to hold them back. Since he sold her to me she obviously wasn't a holdback :p Do you know if he's going to sell his adult blues? They're both beautiful

He told me she was his last blue baby when i asked him couple days after i sold blue.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu