• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

feisty butt

BillieJeAn

he was coming after me the entire time i was taking pictures, he's so feisty! anyways enjoy.
oh and this is the little guy im looking to rehome, he's in a smaller tank at the moment because my large enclosure isnt filled with substrate yet, since i just built it the other day :p

Attachments

• IMG_0292.JPG
    IMG_0292.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 9
  • IMG_0293.JPG
    IMG_0293.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 11
  • IMG_0294.JPG
    IMG_0294.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 10
  • IMG_0295.JPG
    IMG_0295.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 9
  • IMG_0296.JPG
    IMG_0296.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 10
  • IMG_0297.JPG
    IMG_0297.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 7
  • IMG_0301.JPG
    IMG_0301.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 11
  • IMG_0303.JPG
    IMG_0303.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 12

jerobi2k

he is pretty cute for a Col. gU. I know you were in the market of getting a new one so why get rid of this sweetie?

BillieJeAn

im considering keeping him, because he's so cute and amusing. but i want one that doesnt try to attack me every time i get close! something i can get out and hold and cuddle.
he just isnt up for any kind of taming. he's more of a look but dont touch pet.

jerobi2k

gotcha, maybe in due time you will have some luck. be persistent but not annoying in a stressful way to him and maybe he will come around. a little work can go a long way with these guys, locally Ive seen some pretty awsome Col. gUs over the years, at Underground reptiles they had one they preferred to take to the shows for kids to handle over the Argentines. I also had a friend who had a extremely large one who pretty much was identical to my Argentine as far as personality went. I really hope you the best with your Col. gUs and hope you have similar luck! :)

BillieJeAn

thanks! i hope so too:)
i think part of this guys problems is he's really young and the people who had him before REALLY mistreated him. so i dont handle him a lot, but i sit by his cage and talk to him and mess around with stuff a lot. other than that i let him be :p

babyyitslove

I would also take this little one if shipping wasn't my only option. My husband and I have lots of time to tame. We've worked wonders with tokays, our Columbian Tegu, and untrusting snakes. We enjoy the challenges.

BillieJeAn

babyyitslove said:
I would also take this little one if shipping wasn't my only option. My husband and I have lots of time to tame. We've worked wonders with tokays, our Columbian Tegu, and untrusting snakes. We enjoy the challenges.

I'm giving him away :p Shipping is all you have to pay.

babyyitslove

BillieJeAn said:
babyyitslove said:

Oh, sweetie its been 104°+ for over 90 days now.... nothing can be shipped to me and arrive healthy =0(

Wellllllll my husband wants him... if you can get a shipping quote for 88310 and hold him for a little while until weather gets cooler, we'll take him in and work with him.

BillieJeAn

babyyitslove said:
BillieJeAn said:
babyyitslove said:

Oh, sweetie its been 104°+ for over 90 days now.... nothing can be shipped to me and arrive healthy =0(

Wellllllll my husband wants him... if you can get a shipping quote for 88310 and hold him for a little while until weather gets cooler, we'll take him in and work with him.

the weather here is perfect for shipping low 80's. but i'd be willing to hold on to him:)
i got a quote and it was around $70, but thats on shipyourreptiles.com and i think usps is cheaper (what i've used in the past and theyre great) i can chack and let you know about that:)

http://www.shipyourreptiles.com/shipment_rates/show_fedex_rates

babyyitslove

BillieJeAn said:
babyyitslove said:
BillieJeAn said:
babyyitslove said:

Whichever you feel the most comfortable with using will work for us. We'd pick him up at a major hub just to avoid him being on a truck for over an hour to get here.
the weather here is perfect for shipping low 80's. but i'd be willing to hold on to him:)
i got a quote and it was around $70, but thats on shipyourreptiles.com and i think usps is cheaper (what i've used in the past and theyre great) i can chack and let you know about that:)

BillieJeAn

babyyitslove said:
BillieJeAn said:
babyyitslove said:
BillieJeAn said:
babyyitslove said:

Whichever you feel the most comfortable with using will work for us. We'd pick him up at a major hub just to avoid him being on a truck for over an hour to get here.

i checked usps and it was the same, but it also said it could take 3-4 days for live animal shipping. so i would be more comfortable using shipyourreptiles :)
okay thats great news:)! when do you think it will be cooler there?

babyyitslove

It wont cool down over here until mid-late September. We live in the middle of nowhere in a desert surrounded by mountains. Sattellite view it through google, its depressing.

By all means if you find him a home before then, let him go. If not, we're for sure takers =0)

BillieJeAn

okay, i should be able to hold him:)
i'm in no hurry to get rid of him, i love him to death! so i'll be happy to hold him for you:)

tora

Huh, down here in El Paso it hasn't been that hot, it's been super humid and stormy and cool. If the weather is better here you can have it shipped this way and I can drive it up, I like to take trips up to those mountains anyway. Are they opened back up?

babyyitslove

Yeah, el paso is where ill have to find the hub and intercept him. I don't believe there is one in las cruces.
The mountains are open, but still fire restrictions. Only propane grills/stoves allowed. We went to Bailey Canyon the other day and the weather was phenomenal and everything was so green. We enjoy Cloudcroft.

Ill scope out the el paso weather and see how it looks a few weeks out. We need to get in gear and start building these enclosures we have planned out.

BillieJeAn

babyyitslove said:
Yeah, el paso is where ill have to find the hub and intercept him. I don't believe there is one in las cruces.
The mountains are open, but still fire restrictions. Only propane grills/stoves allowed. We went to Bailey Canyon the other day and the weather was phenomenal and everything was so green. We enjoy Cloudcroft.

Ill scope out the el paso weather and see how it looks a few weeks out. We need to get in gear and start building these enclosures we have planned out.
when you know for sure when you can take him just message me with the details and stuff:)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pags1029