• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

couple new additions here

skippy

5 Year Member
well, here you go then :p

Attachments

• IMG_0838.jpg
    515 bytes · Views: 3
  • IMG_0847.jpg
    515 bytes · Views: 2
  • IMG_0831.jpg
    515 bytes · Views: 3
G

Wow the pit bull of the lizard world !! I keep telling myself no no no ...I had looked into them a couple years ago . I guess the price has been coming down . Have they shown any aggression?? What [just for fun ] did you name them ???

skippy

5 Year Member
not really any aggression, they hiss and lunge when i go to touch them but never do more than head butt. they're still young though so i expect that they'll be more relaxed as time goes on.

i haven't named either as i don't know the sex, so i just call them the big one and the little one.

G

How do you handle them ?? Do you use gloves yet ?? Do they eat rodents exclusively? ... What is the treatment for a bite ??? Full of Questions just like a little kid ..

skippy

5 Year Member
I handle them carefully but not as carefully as a rattler. I just pick them up by the tail and lay them on my hand. No gloves:)

The treatment involves lots of painkillers as far as I am aware.

skippy

5 Year Member
I just picked up a baby C cerastes and a baby albino C atrox today and I have around 100 tarantulas(not that those are "hot"). I might post some pics later tonight or in the next couple days.

G

Well I looked it up Ccerastes [Saharan horned viper ,Asp ] and a diamondback rattle snake C.atrox . An albino at that ... I would be interested in seeing some pictures !! I guess Cleopatra didn`t make out so well with her asp lets hope you make out better ..

skippy

5 Year Member
it's actually crotalus cerastes, not the saharan one but yeah- i'll be keeping my digits away from them =P

G

I admire your dedication ... What kind of enclosures do you have planned for them? ... I would guess you don`t want them getting out and you want to be able to remove them without fumbling around ..

skippy

5 Year Member
For now they're all in locking tubs except the larger beaded which is in a front loading, locking wood enclosure. The others will probably get the same when they're big enough.

Not that much dedication is required but if I was ever goin to have kids the wife wouldn't have allowed it ;)

G

I hope that you are dedicated if you arn`t you may just be ded ! I saw some time ago an add . This guy was selling a long list of nasty critters . Big prices on some but one was a deal a ten foot Black Mamba . He said it almost killed him spent like 18 months in and out of the hospital .. I believe the price was like a hundred bucks ... I had to pass..

skippy

5 Year Member
Dedication can mean a lot of things;)

Ill be plenty careful though, don't you worry. I just meant that I'm not going to be breeding or anything.

skippy

5 Year Member
I might have if I lived somewhere besides California. Only native species of hot snakes can be kept here :(

I think I might have gone with an eyelash viper though ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980