• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Blues this year?

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I hope to. No guarantee.

There are a few others that breed them but only 5 were known to be successful last year. Including our first attempt.

Hopefully the feds don't take them away!!

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Jer723 said:
i think he means HR669?
HR669 has a Grandfather clause. The Connecticut state bill would make it illegal to own exotic pets. The DEP won't be doing door to door searches but if you take an "illegal" to the vet they must turn you in, or a neighbor could turn you in.

crimsonrazac

5 Year Member
DaveDragon said:
Jer723 said:
i think he means HR669?
HR669 has a Grandfather clause. The Connecticut state bill would make it illegal to own exotic pets. The DEP won't be doing door to door searches but if you take an "illegal" to the vet they must turn you in, or a neighbor could turn you in.

:| What you do they with all of them?

ashesc212

5 Year Member
DaveDragon said:
Jer723 said:
i think he means HR669?

That would ruin the vets business, why would they adhere to that? Is that bill close to being passed? Is anyone doing anything about it in CT?

What is wrong with lawmakers these days - putting their noses into EVERYTHING...what is this country coming to arGH?

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
crimsonrazac said:
DaveDragon said:
Jer723 said:
i think he means HR669?

:| What you do they with all of them?
Kill them.

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
ashesc212 said:
DaveDragon said:
Jer723 said:
i think he means HR669?

That would ruin the vets business, why would they adhere to that? Is that bill close to being passed? Is anyone doing anything about it in CT?

What is wrong with lawmakers these days - putting their noses into EVERYTHING...what is this country coming to arGH?
It will ruin a lot of businesses! The last I heard is that it is attached to another bill.

More info. http://www.redtailboa.net/forums/features-stories/52855-anti-exotics-legislation-ct.html

ashesc212

5 Year Member
I know that we'll probably be ignored but people from other states should send letters. It could cause a domino effect from state to state! Thanks for the link, Dave.

Jer723

5 Year Member
i didnt know they killed them, i just heard that you could keep the animals you have, just that you couldnt breed or buy anymore.

ashesc212

5 Year Member
Jer723 said:
i didnt know they killed them, i just heard that you could keep the animals you have, just that you couldnt breed or buy anymore.

Yeah, they must have to grandfather you in! What vet would go along with that?

In NYC tegus, pythons, ferrets, etc. are illegal but my vet who is in NYC treats them anyway.

*** I was also thinking that we got off topic so we should start a new thread for the CT ban. Anyone care to?

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
ashesc212 said:
Jer723 said:

In NYC tegus, pythons, ferrets, etc. are illegal but my vet who is in NYC treats them anyway.

*** I was also thinking that we got off topic so we should start a new thread for the CT ban. Anyone care to?
The CT bill doesn't have a grandfather clause.

All_American

5 Year Member
DaveDragon said:
ashesc212 said:
Jer723 said:

The CT bill doesn't have a grandfather clause.

Well, just send them to me, I live by my law of "don't tell and don't know"

crox

5 Year Member
So when are we talking this year for some baby blues?

And hi everyone my names crox.

I am on the hunt for a female blue Tegu.

This site is pretty cool!

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
They don't breed until July/August, hatch September/October.

No guarantee they'll breed.

Very few people can accurately guess the sex at a young age.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980