• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Blue tegu on Kingsnake

chelvis

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Man I wish I had the money right now. If only I could sell my ca faster.

http://market.kingsnake.com/detail.php?cat=115&de=890838

Bubblz Calhoun

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Beautiful Blue,.. but I wouldn't buy it from them. They auctioned off a wild caught tegu as a hybrid Golden x B&W with no proof what so ever,... I'm good on them.

But somebody will pick it up.

chelvis

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I know thier history which is one reason I have not bought him... yet. This tegu would just be cool to have. I called on this tegu and he does have a female in. She does not look anything like this male though.

reptastic

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Thats about right for a blue, he is a nice specimen, i dont see any females any were for sale anywere lol

Riplee

5 Year Member
reptastic said:
Thats about right for a blue, he is a nice specimen, i dont see any females any were for sale anywere lol

Yeah. I never seen a female for sale either. I am glad I have one female even she is very "ugly" blue. lol

TeguBuzz

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Anyone know where they got him from? I plan on calling to check tomorrow. Expensive, but extremely tempting.

Bubblz Calhoun

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
500 is decent for a Blue juvi especially one that looks good and has been taken care of.

As for why they're so high,..there's not many in captivity, they're in high demand and not readily available like Reds and B&W's.
Reds, B&W's, Golden's and Colombians are still imported as well as captive bred so there are more available.

For now Blues are just captive bred which restricts the gene pool and availability even further. Hybrids can fetch a higher price for the same reasons plus they add new blood to the gene pool.

TeguBuzz

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Bubblz Calhoun said:
500 is decent for a Blue juvi especially one that looks good and has been taken care of.

Understandable. He's got a real nice ice like color, the price does make sense, it's just a matter of whether someone is willing to spend that much. Again, very tempting.

jondancer

I think that price is fair , that's a better than average looking blue. Hatchlings were going for 300 and this is older and better looking.

chelvis

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I called him today on it. I told him I was hoping for a female. He said someone sold him a female that he hatched out a few years back. He hasn't put her up online yet. He is looking for $500 for her as well. She had some orange on her and almost looked like a hybrid.

Like I said very tempting. He apparently is puppy dog tame. The female not so friendly.

I'm gonna sleep on it and see how I feel in the morning.

chelvis

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
She looks like a dark Blue tegu from the pictures he sent to my cell phone. If I could figure out how to get them off my phone and onto the my computer I would post it. He said he might put her up on KS but he also has a local that might be interested.

Rhetoric

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
If you have text messaging you can try texting it to your email address and pulling them off the email.

Sirhc401

I am not even going to consider. I know if I think on it I'm going to jump right on that and just get it. But I know I can't do that right now. I have to wait till I have my own place. Bummer...

TeguBuzz

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I'll be getting this guy tomorrow if they ship it out today. Or Tuesday if left till Monday. Thought about it last night, this morning, and decided to go for it. That ice in him really got me hooked! Hopefully I'll post pics of him and the rest of my collection (which I've put off for so long), once I've got him in my grasp. Think I'm going to name him Ice.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu