• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Anybody keep hots?

ashesc212

5 Year Member
Wow, I never saw those pics. That diamond back is really beautiful. It stinks that you can't really hold them like a nonvenomous snake, however.

Is there any chance of taming one?

Retic11

5 Year Member
It seems like once you keep Venomous you can never get your mind off of them. I have kept about everything hot at one point or another. With all the laws shutting down Venomous keeping though I decided to get out of them a couple years ago but, in two weeks I an going to pick up a pair of EDB's and Canebrakes. So, like I said. Once you go Hot you can't seem to stop.
State Laws are getting Really Scary though. All of you that keep hots. Please do so safely and help conserve the right to keep them ;)

Mvskokee

5 Year Member
if i had any thing hot it would either be a gila or a beaded

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/probreeders/sets/72157608635806205/detail/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.flickr.com/photos/probreeder ... 05/detail/</a><!-- m -->

cornking4

5 Year Member
I've gotta admit that hot lizards are definitely the most beautiful (with the exception of tegus, of course). Gilas are amazing, and we have tons of them out here in AZ. One of the managers of a reptile show down here get bitten by one of them and he described it as "24 hours of hell". He said you have to pretty much stick your hand in their mouth to get bitten though, so I really want one!

GOT_TEGUS

5 Year Member
cornking4 said:
You ever been tagged?

nope not yet :-D but seen co workers and friends get tagged. and helped one friend after gettin tagged by a Black mamba I got him to the car and got the antivenom and drove 100 miles per hour to the hospital. My advice dont keep Hots without keeping antivenom because if venom one dont have it . make your Will out :-D

JD

hailo

5 Year Member
i have a female beaded and am working with a freind on pairing her up with somthing kinda special. so we will see.

Attachments

• #1 july 09(Large).JPG
    515 bytes · Views: 4
  • nice.JPG
    515 bytes · Views: 4

hailo

5 Year Member
Re:

Beazer said:
I looove gila monsters. I am from AZ so we get a lot. I seriously do not understand why they are protected. Its messed up. You can blast and destroy their habitat and construction workers kill them with their shovels. But god forbid you pick one up off the road you can get fined. I am jealous you get to work with them, they are freakin cute animals. If you can start another thread, post them! I love gilas and will have tons of pics of them this year of gilas.

-Jon DeLong

i am so with you on this one, especially with all the construction you guys have/had going on out there......beazer let me know ill come collect with you im only 4hours away but i can be there in 3

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980