• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

All American Tegu Pictures :D

WildlifeLover429

Hi everyone! Im so excited to be getting my two babies Sobek and Amun-Ra this summer :D Amun-Ra will be an All American Tegu and I was wondering if you guys could post recent pictures of your American Gu's. I would love to see the colorations on everyones gorgeous tegu's and their sizes so far :)

Jefroka

5 Year Member
Hey, I just wanted to bump this post up as I would like to see pics of some of the all americans from last year. Bring them on!

...Jefroka

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Here is mine..

tegu.jpg

AdrianPaul

for some reason I find it very disturbing that you named tegus you don't have, never saw, that don't even exist yet, and keep talking about them as if we "the readers" knew them well.

chelvis

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Its the anitisipation is all, i talked about Bosco on the old form for a few months before he got here. Its a very exciting time.

WildlifeLover429

I don't find it strange at all... so what if I picked names before I even get them? I've had them on reserve for quite some time now and I can not help It if I am excited :(. As for "The readers" When I joined this site (for the second time) I introduced myself and gave them information on the two males I reserved and had already told them what I was thinking on naming them. My last tegu I had was years back (some may remember his name since it was unusual lol "Pierre") But he passed away while a friend was taking care of him :( It was hard on me and I recently decided it was time to add another tegu in my life. I do not see how being excited about a future pet(s) (which happens to be the best species of pet i've ever had) is disturbing. I love animals and plan on making them apart of my career choice and life simple as that.

Thanks for bumming me out tho bro :(
Now I think people are thinking I'm weird...
chelvis said:
Its the anitisipation is all, i talked about Bosco on the old form for a few months before he got here. Its a very exciting time.

Thanks at least you understand :)

Strange_Evil

5 Year Member
I never saw a fileld out all american,with full jowls,glad you made this thread. I think this is the first year they are old enough to breed or something like that right?

Jame's your AA is amazing he looks like a blue too me but then again doesn't lol ,really gorgeous,not sure if i missed him but how big is he?

AdrianPaul said:
for some reason I find it very disturbing that you named tegus you don't have, never saw, that don't even exist yet, and keep talking about them as if we "the readers" knew them well.

Man,with these guys hatching right around the corner,i'm surprised no one made a shirt with a picture of the tegu egg on it saying "Thats my little guy in there",the wait was killer and its almost over,people are excited,i for one am and already have a name for mine (Byakuya).

Your question is kind of like asking why do you have a enclosure set up for a lizard you don't have yet.

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Strange_Evil said:
I never saw a fileld out all american,with full jowls,glad you made this thread. I think this is the first year they are old enough to breed or something like that right?

Jame's your AA is amazing he looks like a blue too me but then again doesn't lol ,really gorgeous,not sure if i missed him but how big is he?

Thanks, I think he is about 32" or so.

laurarfl

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
There's no reason to be harsh. WildlifeLover is eager to get his/her tegus and is excited to learn more. I think it's awesome.

And James, that's a nice tegu. Does it look more blue in color, or white?

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
laurarfl said:
There's no reason to be harsh. WildlifeLover is eager to get his/her tegus and is excited to learn more. I think it's awesome.

And James, that's a nice tegu. Does it look more blue in color, or white?

It looks more white in person.

turtlepunk

dont worry wildlifelover I think its pretty normal to be excited about two new members of the family! and theres nothing wrong about picking out names for them before they arrive!!!
after all don't people do the same thing with newborn babies soon to arrive?

Im super excited for my tegu to arrive too! and I already have a name picked out!
dont let others get you down!

adam1120

that kid only had 7 post i think igot more than him and im still a newbie to tegutalk( so no reason to talk and your not family with 7 post):D i named my allreadyyy im right there with you im soo excited:DDDDDDDDDDDD

Jefroka

5 Year Member
Cassandra, we are all a little weird here darling, I like to say we are "eccentric" LOL!

Seriously though, the only thing weird in this thread is that young man's post! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! Totally uncalled for!

We got your back Cassandra & best of luck with your new gus!

James, your AA is friggin' awesome man!

...Jefroka

WildlifeLover429

THIS IS WHY I LOVE THE TEGUTALK FAMILY :D your all so sweet and thank you for making me feel so much better! I Cant wait to show off my new boys two you guys ;) and see everyones new babies!

p.s. James your AA is beautiful :)

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
WildlifeLover429 said:
THIS IS WHY I LOVE THE TEGUTALK FAMILY :D your all so sweet and thank you for making me feel so much better! I Cant wait to show off my new boys two you guys ;) and see everyones new babies!

Thanks... weirdo

J/K..:p:p

laurarfl

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
AdrianPaul is likely not a young kid....maybe 30-something. ;) But you know, some people feel freer saying things on-line that they wouldn't say in person. WildlifeLover, I think you're charming and not at all weird. Well...not any weirder than the rest of us! A lot of people have named their tegus on reserve. It's not THAT unusual. But don't take it personal.

reptastic

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I agree with laura, dont let some random user get you down, i named my tegus mos. Before they hatched and they still have the same names :^D, after all we all get excited about our new additions, cant wait to see them

Maro1

AdrianPaul said:

Adrian,

I have been around this hobby a longtime!!. I have seen a lot of things. I mean, I'm not much for dressing up my dogs either. However, the only thing that really matters is that people take care of the animal properly.

Maro1

WildlifeLover429

james.w said:
WildlifeLover429 said:

Thanks... weirdo

J/K..:p:p

;) Lol your welcome .............. weirdo :p

jk :angel:
laurarfl said:
AdrianPaul is likely not a young kid....maybe 30-something. ;) But you know, some people feel freer saying things on-line that they wouldn't say in person. WildlifeLover, I think you're charming and not at all weird. Well...not any weirder than the rest of us! A lot of people have named their tegus on reserve. It's not THAT unusual. But don't take it personal.

Awe :blush: lol thanks for the compliment :blush:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980