• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

zilla lights

ok, so i have a lot to say on this but ill make it short.
I got my tegu a zilla lamp, two to be exact. I got the black metal thing with two spots and two lamps, one uvb and one heat.
They work fine as far as i can see, they were literally the recommendation to me... BUT i had a huge issue when the heating bulb literally melted and broke the uvb bulb. Now all i have is heating... Idk if its just me or if this is a common issue but because of that i recommend the company- but NOT the double fixture thing.

brunera

Probably the only way to know for sure is to measure. I'm constantly using my Solarmeter to measure UVB output for all my reptiles. There can be a marked difference between brands and even within brands if you get a defective one. And the output decreases over time and the meter helps you know the best time to replace the bulb. The meters are a bit expensive, but I feel it's helped me save money in the long run by not replacing bulbs too soon. And for heat, ALWAYS use a thermostat!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980