• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Zeros changing his mind

TanMan57

5 Year Member
Looks like Zero's isnt gonna hibernate after all. He's been up since before me and has not gone back to bed yet. He was acting very hungry so i fed him two chicken livers and he ate them all. He's so energetic now its crazy. He's not hibernating after all. Hopefully :fc

mis jaksin

5 Year Member
Brutus likes to eat too much to hibernate! He's been going to bed a little earlier, but his eating hasn't changed. Such a pig!

Dvdh1

5 Year Member
That's cool! I don't want Bee to hibernate beacause I don't want to stop the bonding process. I really have no idea if it does or not. Do they go to sleep for a few to several months and wake up not knowing who you are and you have to start over. Or do they wake up and say that was one he'll of a nap! How have you been?lol!
If anybody has the answer to that or at least their own personal experience, I would love to know

txrepgirl

5 Year Member
So far just one out off four Tegus has been hibernating for a few months strait and that was last year.When he woke up he acturally was calmer than before he went into hibernation.We had him for about 3 weeks and than he went into hibernation.Two off our females ( one is 2 months old and the other one is 15 months old ) and I don't know how they are going to be when they wake up.Well I believe that the older female still will be tame with the hatchling I don't know.I think that if your Tegu is tame now nothing will change ;) .

The captain

5 Year Member
My female is doing the same thing!
Im actually upset, its like something is wrong with her.
She hibernated the first year.
Now she has no loss of apetite, she is up a little less than usual, but still acting like herself.
No growth, i dont know if this is normal?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980