• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Your largest Tegu?

larissalurid

Just was curious of the sizes (and age) of your largest B&W, Red, or Extreme Giant Tegu? :] Curious about the large adults, as well as differences between the subspecies.

(I already know the average lengths and sizes for each, I'm just wondering which people personally have)

TeguBuzz

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
My BW male grew to be almost 5 and a half feet. My reds averaged at 4-5ft. The bw was 5 years old, my reds around 4 or so.

Dana C

My boy Gordo, a T. merianae is currently 38" and growing slowly. If he hadn't lost a few inches from his tail prior to my ownership, he would likely be 42-43".
I have never really cared one way or the other about length. Health and my relationship / interaction has been the most important thing to me.

larissalurid

Dana C said:
My boy Gordo, a T. merianae is currently 38" and growing slowly. If he hadn't lost a few inches from his tail prior to my ownership, he would likely be 42-43".
I have never really cared one way or the other about length. Health and my relationship / interaction has been the most important thing to me.

I agree, I don't think that looks always make the best pet, their personality and bond with you does. I've had different disabled pets before also, and they are just as good as any other. I am just curious to hear about people's Tegus. :]

Dana C

By the way, I have owned both a Blue and Gold and a Green Wing, both of which I miss dearly. They were great friends.

Lynda

Dana C said:
By the way, I have owned both a Blue and Gold and a Green Wing, both of which I miss dearly. They were great friends.

My Greenwing was so great...got her at 6 months and she went to a great home at 4 years. She was so loving...and SO LOUD. She has a wonderful home now, but I miss her dearly. Funny, but my tegu seems to take her place...very quiety, to keep the fam happy!

Dana C

I carried Rosy around like a baby on her back. She really was MINE, if you know what I mean. She was intensely jealous too. She immediately hated any woman that entered my house. It was fascinating how she knew the difference. I was HER man and that was it. She would brook no women around me. My guy friends were fine with her. They could pick her up and life was good. My exwife didn't likemy blue and gold. She would call him "*******" and he would call her ass hole in response,,,,, I should have listened to him.
god I wish I could have another.

larissalurid

Dana C said:
I carried Rosy around like a baby on her back. She really was MINE, if you know what I mean. She was intensely jealous too. She immediately hated any woman that entered my house. It was fascinating how she knew the difference. I was HER man and that was it. She would brook no women around me. My guy friends were fine with her. They could pick her up and life was good. My exwife didn't likemy blue and gold. She would call him "*******" and he would call her A** hole in response,,,,, I should have listened to him.
god I wish I could have another.

Yea, our first blue and gold was adopted when i was a baby as an adult. he was abused by his last owner and my parents had a loooot of working with him to do to tame him down more. he also hated women. our green-wing we got at 5 months old, and our 2nd blue-and-gold we got at 3 weeks old from the bird store where i got the green-wing and most of my other birds. i knew the ppl who owned it well and got to raise lots of baby birds and take care of others and was there at least once a week. i miss the store a lot, she closed it a few years ago. i loved being friends with all the different birds there, my favorite were the 2 kookaburra brothers. i would get them going by imitating their call and youd hear them through the whole store. they have such goofy personalities and are the softest birds youll ever touch. not sure if i am allowed to post a link for reference, but for anyone who doesnt know what they sound like, you will love to hear them lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-W30UA3SoE&list=FL9EPHS43a_AiQ2ef47MUEug&index=8&feature=plpp_video

tresh

I think my Ammy is some monster of a lizard, with how big she is. She's not even a year old yet, but we measured her yesturday. Tip of her snout to the tip of her tail...38 inches. Just over 3 feet, and she's about...9 months old now.

new2tegus

Jekyll is around 38 inches and not sure on weight right now, but he's a good size and healthy. Just being a snot right now because I don't let him roam everyday lol. He will seriously go to the bathroom in the far corner to get out the door lol. I put food in he wants out lol, walks past the plate and right for the door.

tommylee22

Can we get pics of those large Tegus on a person for scale? or near a common object(coke can or something)? I'm very intrested is seeing these huge Tegus. Bobby had a awesome pic with one of his Extreme giants showing size in his arms. I'd love to see some reds and blues...

dragonmetalhead

1,000+ Post Club
[attachment=4342][attachment=4341]
This tegu isn't mine, but it's the most massive I've seen pictures of. I believe he belongs to one of our forum members, who said this beast is 48 inches long at the time of the photo. I don't want to guess this dragon's weight.

Attachments

• IMG_1580.JPG
    IMG_1580.JPG
    90.3 KB · Views: 19
  • pictures2 060.jpg
    pictures2 060.jpg
    168.4 KB · Views: 17

Alldaytegus

hi everyone im new to tegu talk i was wondering if anyone had a female that they were willing to trade i have an adult 75%red 25% blue tegu and am in need of a female he is very nice if interested pm me or email i have pictures also upon request thanks a lot

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu