• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Your dream reptile that is not in the pet trade

grimz

So what is everyone's dream reptile that is not in the pet trade.
As for me mine is a marine iguana.

chelvis

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Chinese Alligator or a Tuatara. I am not holding my breath that either will every be in the pet trade but they are both awesome.

grimz

OH yes those are some awesome reptiles and same here im not holding my breath that a marine iguana will ever be in the pet trade.

Aardbark

5 Year Member
A komodo dragon, Ive always waned one. They look like such snuggly reptiles. Or maybe an acualy dragon, but thats streaching things, lol.

grimz

I new someone would say komodo dragon haha but thats a awesome reptile and i agree i would like a real dragon but that is streching things but they do have flying dragons if any of you have heard of them well really they dont fly they actually glide with there scales they have a scale that streches from there leg to there arm.

reptastic

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
you know I have always wanted 3 reptiles that coincidentaly are not in the pet trade and they are a true blue caymen iguana, a fiji iguana and a yellow tegu, to have those would be extrordinary

Compnerd7

Thorny Devil / Komodo Dragon / Galapagos Tortoise / a Gharial spp. and the Dragon from the movie Dragon Heart, where Sean Connery was the voice of Draco. And If were going down that road, I would also like a Stegosaurus, Brachiosaurus, Triceratops, Euoplocephalus, Spinosaurus, and an Ornitholestes.

Dana C

HaHa,...neener neener...some of those aren't considered reptiles but it is ok to want one anyway. For the Triceritops, I know a place where you can buy 9 ton truck loads of hay....which will last a month or so...LOL.
For me an Indigo Snake from the good ole USA would be my dream reptile. I would get one but for the $1,800 price tag on most of them. Oh well, one can dream.

On a side note Compnerd, it would be no end of cool to saddle up a Brachiosaurus and ride it in the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade. I am thinking it would get a lot more attention than the balloons. :)

Compnerd7 said:
Thorny Devil / Komodo Dragon / Galapagos Tortoise / a Gharial spp. and the Dragon from the movie Dragon Heart, where Sean Connery was the voice of Draco. And If were going down that road, I would also like a Stegosaurus, Brachiosaurus, Triceratops, Euoplocephalus, Spinosaurus, and an Ornitholestes.

they do have a desert horned lizard which looks just like the thorny devil for sale http://www.backwaterreptiles.com/other-lizards/desert-horned-lizard-for-sale.html

laurarfl

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I forgot about the Triceratops. My mom loves to tell the story of when I was about 4yo and would eat dinner if it was served to me under the table. That was my dinosaur phase and I was a Triceratops. I was a weird girl

Compnerd7

Dana C said:
HaHa,...neener neener...some of those aren't considered reptiles but it is ok to want one anyway. For the Triceritops, I know a place where you can buy 9 ton truck loads of hay....which will last a month or so...LOL.
For me an Indigo Snake from the good ole USA would be my dream reptile. I would get one but for the $1,800 price tag on most of them. Oh well, one can dream.

On a side note Compnerd, it would be no end of cool to saddle up a Brachiosaurus and ride it in the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade. I am thinking it would get a lot more attention than the balloons. :)

Yeah I think ideally I would need a few hundred or thousand acres of grassland first, but one can dream right? haha..

You read my mind with the Brachiosaurus! I would ride that thing everywhere and look down upon my minions of animals lol. I don't know how I would get on it's back, maybe train it to lower his head so i can crawl up his neck? Or Tarzan swing from a tall tree.

Indigo snakes are sooo dope... I see this guy at every reptile show I go to, and I sit by his stand and hope he decides to just give me one of his babies :sleepy:

repshow10.jpg

Compnerd7 said:
Dana C said:

Yeah I think ideally I would need a few hundred or thousand acres of grassland first, but one can dream right? haha..

You read my mind with the Brachiosaurus! I would ride that thing everywhere and look down upon my minions of animals lol. I don't know how I would get on it's back, maybe train it to lower his head so i can crawl up his neck? Or Tarzan swing from a tall tree.

Indigo snakes are sooo dope... I see this guy at every reptile show I go to, and I sit by his stand and hope he decides to just give me one of his babies :sleepy:

repshow10.jpg

geez those indigo snakes a bulky

Compnerd7

monstruo-the-tegu said:
Compnerd7 said:

they do have a desert horned lizard which looks just like the thorny devil for sale http://www.backwaterreptiles.com/other-lizards/desert-horned-lizard-for-sale.html

I've never seen a place where you can buy Horned Lizards, that is cool thanks for sharing. I thought that you needed a permit to own them? Maybe not the desert species.

I have horned lizard all over where I live... I caught the most beautiful Pacific Horned Lizard that I kept as a pet for about 6 months, he had awesome coloration from dark reds to almost a purple along with a HUGE crown of thorns. He didn't adapt well to captivity so I let him go where I found him. It was also a pain in the neck to go out a few times a week and harvest his favorite ants to eat, I found out later that you can but ants by the truckload and they are cheap :/

One thing on my bucket list is to capture and photograph all 8 Horned Lizards species that live in the US. So far I have knocked down 3 haha.. The Texas, Desert, and Pacific.

chelvis

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Oh man fiji iggys would be pretty cool as well. They are in the market in Europe just not state side.... yet. I know San Diego Zoo has about 15 or so in their collection, think its time to let the private sector have a go with them, lol.

There is also some Australian Monitor species I would love to have!C

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu