• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Young red tegu

prowler33

. Please let me know what type of behavior should be expected as this little guy or gal isn't doing much . Hiding and burying it's self . Shouldn't it be wandering around looking for food and exploring it's new hone please help I don't want anything bad to happen to this magnificent animal.
THANKS in advance

G

Its hibernation season, s/he is probably trying to burrow down for the remainder of the season. No worries :)

Strange_Evil

5 Year Member
^^
Good answer,She was probably hibernating before and now she is trying to go back down just reduce your lighting and if she stops coming up i believe you can turn them off. Just make sure to leave fresh water in the enclosure and don't really offer food unless you are sure she is not hibernating!

Here is a link to a thread about hibernation,
<!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://www.tegutalk.com/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=826" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=21&t=826</a><!-- l -->

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
moondust said:
Its hibernation season, s/he is probably trying to burrow down for the remainder of the season. No worries :)

+1 on this, I got my little red about 2-3 months ago and she went down immediately and I haven't seen her since.

Bubblz Calhoun

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Welcome to the site, and thanks for coming :-D .

There's great info that has already been given. Take some time to read the thread that Strange Evil posted if you haven't already as well as the Helpful Info threads on the Home page. Use your Tegus' down time to read up, learn and get acquainted with their requirements and habits.

When there's something else you need help with feel free to ask.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu