• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

You Make the Call--Round 2--AESOP (m?/f?)

slideaboot

5 Year Member
So, I think I'm going to rename all of my tegus "Lady Gaga", 'cause god knows if they're male or female... Here's some shots I took of Aesop this morning. You guys have any gender input here? Aesop was sold to me by Bobby as a probably male, but, nothing's for certain, right?

IMAG0344.jpg

IMAG0345.jpg

IMAG0343.jpg

IMAG0342.jpg

IMAG0340.jpg

IMAG0335.jpg

IMAG0333.jpg

IMAG0331.jpg

slideaboot

5 Year Member
I did buy them a couple months apart, but I am kinda thinking that the genders are reversed. I gotta tell ya, all the talk about selling them is KILLING me. I love these guys. I've been able to have them out and about a bit more the last couple days and REALLY am enjoying them. It's not gonna kill me if no one buys them, that's for sure!

Other opinions on the gender of this beautiful animal?

reptastic

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I say male without a doubt, im going off the head and body shape compared to my giant, still no buttons? storm is from the same clutch as aesop and he has them as well as sperm plugs and not to mention he flashed me quite a few times and he is 46"

slideaboot

5 Year Member
If Aesop IS a male, then that might explain why he goes so crazy around Francis (who is looking male, despite Bobby's inclination that Francis was a female). Aaaargh!!

TeguBuzz

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I say keep em, buy the trough, and let them be in that for a temp amount of time. Seems like they've grown on you, it'd probably get to you once realize they're gone. As much as I despised my croc monitor, I miss him to an extent. He's been given to the zoo.

slideaboot

5 Year Member
IF I keep them...IF...

What's the procedure for getting them into rubbermaid tubs and such for hibernation? Like size? Air-holes? Any other tips? Do I need to check on them? What do you guys know about this practice? THANK YOU SO MUCH, by the way!

reptastic

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
i take that back after looking n bobbys site i think aesop looks alot like hail bobbys female giant idk

[attachment=3556]

Attachments

• ChaccF.jpg
    ChaccF.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 6

slideaboot

5 Year Member
Hah! Reptastic...you're feelin' my pain! I've NEVER seen any hemipenis-business down there when Aesop's doin' Aesop business, either. I'm guessin' I would've by now, though. Jesus...I don't even know any more.

brutus13

I am going with female. My "female" extreme turned out to be a male and he is from last years clutch. Is jowls are huge and I found out she was a he when he so nicely showed me his junk lol. Those pics def look like a girl!!

Kebechet

If it helps at all, Link has never flashed his junk at me. He's clearly a male, in jowls and buttons though. So lack of junk-flashing doesn't mean female.

omgtaylorg

5 Year Member
I was gonna go with female based on the shape of the head, but thats obviously no clear indiccation...how old is he/she? Just check for the buttons if he/she is of age, or better yet try and get a good pic down there and I may be able to help you more depending on the age. Bobby is usually pretty good about sexing hatchings but he admits hes not 100% as its extremely hard to tell at that age

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980