• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Yogert?

Aardbark

5 Year Member
I remember reading somewhere that it was ok to feed a tegu yogert? And that they really like it?

What kind of yogert? There are like a million different types.

turtlepunk

I think People only feed yogurt for the probiotics in them. If administering medicine, it wipes out the good bacteria (along with the bad) so in order to build the good bacteria back up, some people give yogurt (for the probiotics). But I'm not really sure If its okay for them to eat regularly?

frost

1,000+ Post Club
they say to give when administering meds like turtlepunk said. but iv mainly heard it used with water dragons when they are eating there feces.

Aardbark

5 Year Member
Cool, thanks. She didnt like the yogert anyway.

I just wanted to try something different. All she wants to eat is crickets.

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Did you look at the food list thread on here? It will give you plenty of ideas on what to feed.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu