• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

wow some people...

G

i found this ad on craigslist... they've been trying to find this guy a home for a few days, poor little thing! it gets flagged all the time so i've got the link and i copied and pasted the ad.. so sad :doh :doh :doh :doh :crazy :crazy :crazy :crazy

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/pet/2206406928.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/pet/2206406928.html</a><!-- m -->

the American Alligator is an
Aquatic/Land reptile +. The average size for an adult raised in captivity seems to be somewhere around 4 to 7 feet. =. Always put safety first both for yourself and your Alligator.
any way we have a male named puppy he is fairly easy to handle
he eats chicken /boiled egg whites ,cricket's and gold fishes
i love him he is great
we are asking 50$ for him
we he is 2 feet long
he is used to being held and petted i have never been bit he hasn't even tried but im also careful and respectful of him
he has a tank but needs a better en-closer
i may be willing to trade him for
another animal i will trade for dog stuff

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
It is getting flagged because it needs to say rehoming fee, not for sale like the ad reads, it is against the TOS to put animals for sale on there.

G

the flagging didnt bother me, i just feel bad for it. they're illegal in oregon without a permit. it makes me sad that people get stuff like this without doing proper research. we have tons of rescues and a zoo close by but instead of surrendering it they're offering it to anyone with $50. hopefully it gets to someone who knows how to take care of it. it would be horrible if it died or hurt someone/thing because of lack of knowledge. :(

G

id love to get an alligator since there the closest thing ill ever get to a dino.i would kill for a dinosaur.a theropod preferably.

G

I raise dinosaurs eat their eggs and in the end eat them ...

Just had a hatch come out of the incubator ..

Cute fuzzy little babies...

G

I had an American alligator as a child ..

My grandfather brought it to me from Florida ..

It was illegal as hell but finding some one in Iowa at that time that cared was impossible..

Had him for around five years ..

He lived out side in the summer and in the basement wash room .His hide was the shower [left dripping ] and he had full run of the basement ..

He got to be about four feet long and I fed him mostly chickens that died from our flock ..

Jeremy Ross

american alligators should not eat feeder goldfish since they are incredibly high in heavy metals and will stunt your gator in a health threatening way. alligators need to eat hardly anything. a 10 foot alligator only needs to eat 12 pounds of food in a year and most of what they eat and digest into healthy body mass is bone and bone marrow. venice spine is a reasonable food for yearling to adult gators... a healthy alligator in captivity should should be approaching or exceeding 3 feet by the time it is 1 year old....

G

Having actually owned one ...

I know mine didn`t grow that fast ...

They eat often if food is provided [Most days ] and while they are little they don`t eat very large portions .When larger they can put down a a fair size chicken ...

G

......im not even going to get into that subject.chickens....>.>
hmm i figured they didnt grow all that fast.you can always get minnows or something for fish.or even breed your own fish or something.my parents house has a pond and its always stocked wit fish.id just have to catch his meal lol.

G

Della agrees that goldfish are far to poisonous to feed to alligators or anything as far as that goes !!

DSC05685.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980