• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Would you buy this?

Rhetoric

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
http://www.etsy.com/listing/72107705/vintage-brown-tegu-lizard-double-wrap?ref=sr_gallery_1&ga_search_submit=&ga_search_query=tegu&ga_search_type=handmade&ga_facet=handmade

Description:
Elegant is but one of the words that people will use to describe this bracelet.

Made from a vintage tegu lizard belt, the skin has been removed, reconditioned and remade into this double wrapped bracelet with a black backing.

Fits wrists up to 8 1/2" comfortable, 9" tight with a chrome stud to keep it in place.

il_570xN.235786331.jpg

Rhetoric

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I thought it was kind of cool. I don't really wear bracelets either but if I did I'd consider buying it.
I wanted to see what peoples thoughts are since it says its made from tegu.

adam1120

you think it was from a red tegu or a b&w?think thats sad they could use plastic and look and feel the same all the differnce is ended a beauitful tegu life over its a shame animals on this earth to love not wear.

reptastic

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Its a nice bracelet but i dont wear them, perhaps Maybe as a gift but i dont think storm or rayne would be happy about that lol

turtlepunk

yeah im with adam1120. there are so many other materials out there that can mimic animal skins. I personally would never wear it.

Rhetoric

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I can see where you guys are coming from. Would your minds be changed if it were to come from a cow, pig, elk, etc?

I don't think my tegus would appreciate it either

teguboy77

5 Year Member
I wouldnt were it myself,not a fan of leather bracelets,i like gold bracelets but not leather tegu bracelets.Its not that bad looking but i know it was made from tegus which i use to keep as a pet for 9 years and couldn't see any of the tegus i kept as a bracelets.But i guess to each there own.

laurarfl

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I wouldn't because I keep tegus as pets. I don't wear snakeskin boots or fur, but I do like leather. I guess that is because cattle are used for food and it is a by product. I am not a fan of animals being killed solely for fashion, but I don't have a problem with animal products when the entire animal is utilized.

montana

It looks like an old dog collar ...

I can`t see why anyone would want it regardless of what it was made of ..

frost

1,000+ Post Club
i try not to wear anything made of my favorite animals. i wont wear fur or snake skin. i know its kinda peta ish(hate them btw) but idc i believe if you kill something u better find a use for everything on it and dont kill just to put the animal on you...or ill knock you out like ace ventura.but those are just me views.=]

Jefroka

5 Year Member
laurarfl said:
I wouldn't because I keep tegus as pets. I don't wear snakeskin boots or fur, but I do like leather. I guess that is because cattle are used for food and it is a by product. I am not a fan of animals being killed solely for fashion, but I don't have a problem with animal products when the entire animal is utilized.

Ditto!

...Jefroka

turtlepunk

rhetoricx said:
I can see where you guys are coming from. Would your minds be changed if it were to come from a cow, pig, elk, etc?

I don't think my tegus would appreciate it either

nope. i stopped wearing and eating animals 4 years ago.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
It’s_me