• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

would hay work as a substrate?

Anthony

5 Year Member
or hay combined with something? i cant settle on the idea my tegu cant have substrate i will keep trying things til i find a soultion and if she eats every single substrate i use then well i guess ill cross that bridge when i get there but for now i tried cypress mulch twice and she eats it.... gota decide what to get tommorow this is really stressing me out i just worked 3 twelve hr shifts in a row and my gf drove over a hr to see me and we barely got to hangout cause i had to get the tegu mineral oil and deal with that then clean out the tank.... im gona go with the coconut fiber or husk unless anyone thinks hay would work

MIKE-ZILLA

5 Year Member
I think hay would work,but it might rot when it gets moist.so it may be more suited for a dry savannah terrarium.

Richard21

5 Year Member
Savannah terrariums are suppose to be humid too. Maybe not as much as for a tegu, but still not as dry where you could use hay. A dirt/sand mixture works best.

GOT_TEGUS

5 Year Member
Anthony said:
or hay combined with something? i cant settle on the idea my tegu cant have substrate i will keep trying things til i find a soultion and if she eats every single substrate i use then well i guess ill cross that bridge when i get there but for now i tried cypress mulch twice and she eats it.... gota decide what to get tommorow this is really stressing me out i just worked 3 twelve hr shifts in a row and my gf drove over a hr to see me and we barely got to hangout cause i had to get the tegu mineral oil and deal with that then clean out the tank.... im gona go with the coconut fiber or husk unless anyone thinks hay would work

I have used hay only for nesting females. easy to clean with a pitch fork lol

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980