• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

workin' 9 to 5

erk

5 Year Member
Hi all,

I need some ideas on how to be able to spend more time with my tegu. I leave the house at 7:00 a.m. and return at 6:00 p.m., Monday - Friday. What do other people in my situation do? As it stands I can only interact with my tegu on weekends. He is hibernating now so I'd like some input for when he wakes. Thank you.

PuffDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
That's all I did for my guy. I got lucky because one night he decided to stay awake longer than normal. He went down 2 hrs after he normally was doing. I just adjusted his morning light to come on 2 hours ahead and now have him/her on 8am to 8pm cycle. I ususally get home by 4 so I get a few good hours in to chill out.

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Our Tegu's have their own waking cycles. Our 9 month old is only up mid morning to mid afternoon, so we only see him once or twice on the weekend. Not much interaction. Because of the season, the others vary all over the place. Our big Red is up once every 3 or 4 days. The female Blue gets up late afternoon or mid evening and is up until 9pm (lights out at 8pm), but not every day. The male Blue is up mid afternoon until after lights out. So he's the one who gets the most attention since he's always up when we get home until after his bed time.

erk

5 Year Member
Great! Thanks for the info. As soon as the little bugger decides to come out of his winter nap, I'll change the timer. I think I'll go with 8 to 8.

Nero

5 Year Member
Mine usually comes out around 1130 am and hes back in his burrow by 3 pm. It kinda sucks but I guess thats just the way they are. Only one time he was up after 4 pm.

jose2187

5 Year Member
I do 8 to 8 i work at geico and work 8 to 4 so I spend all my time with them after work I let them free roam for about 2 hours a day and 4 on my days off

ColdThirst

5 Year Member
I have mine set up for 12 to 12 due to me always staying up really late and the cage is in the living room. But he is rarely up past 5pm, thats when he goes to bed.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
T.C.