• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Wood type

Strange_Evil

5 Year Member
Not at all. Just make sure to seal it properly. I actually prefer plywood over the other stuff like melamine which doesn’t take paint. Plywood is a lot easier to work with and not too mention cheaper. Just dont go too cheap and use the super warped stuff or it’ll really suck trying to build with that. I typically use drylok and coat it with about 3 layers all around. Then caulk it for good measure and let it air out for a few days (week or two would be better) before i introduce the animal. Not everyone likes drylok, but i used it on all of my cages with no issue.

Merlot

So you seal it with your favorite sealant, and also apply paint ?

And are talking traditional woodstaining and sealant, then paint?

I’m so confused right now too as i don’t if I want to build with melamine or wood. What type of wood if wood is used, the stainer and sealer as I love working with wood projects.

AlphaAlpha

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I sealed mine with pond liner for the humidity.... I used an old wardrobe ( veneered chip board in some places) and after my melamine shop bought introduction enclosure swelled / warped even though it had being sealed I decided to go overboard and it works well

ups2525

Is this a good option for waterproofing plywood??

THcq0F.jpg

DsbPgt.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980