• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Won't eat in seperate container? :(

crimsonrazac

5 Year Member
Hey guys I got a tegu today about 12 inches or so... Hes a great pet so far, the only problem is he doesnt seem to want to eat in a seperate bin. Does anyone know a good way to get him started?

well ty in advance :)

oh yeah forgot to say hes a black and white argentine

Gx3

5 Year Member
What are you feeding him? You just need to find something that he really likes and he should go for it. Try scrambled eggs, mine loves them!

crimsonrazac

5 Year Member
Gx3 said:
What are you feeding him? You just need to find something that he really likes and he should go for it. Try scrambled eggs, mine loves them!

I think he also might have been steesed because of moving, I should of waited a day or so for him to get ajusted.

(i was trying super worms because they said thats wat they had been feeding him)

jim_m

5 Year Member
Well if you just got him then dont expect much. Hes probably scared out his wits and gonna hide for a few days. Dont force it. Give him some time. I fed mine in this living cage for about a week before I stared taking him out and feed him in his feeding enclosure. Just let him get used to his new home with out messing with him a whole lot. Then try "training" him to eat out his feeding bin.

crimsonrazac

5 Year Member
Thanks for the reply jim, i did end up realizing after posting this that he did need some time to get used to his new home. I'll try bowl feeding him in the cage for a week maybe. He seems to be really "tame" already though because he was handled by the peple before me nearly every day.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980