• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

will sand and gravel make a good filter

G

I'm thnking of putting a waterfall in gogzillas cage to bump up the humidity. Obviosly tegus love to crap in their water and kick in substrate. I remember in middle school we did an experiment in which water was poured thru a layerr of sand and then gravel. Supposerdly this cleans the water. I'm thinking if I incorporated this into the design that it would take care of the bio waste and if I put the whole waterlevel above the regular substrate. Then that would solve that. Obviosly he would be able to climb to the water source but not kick stuff in. Does this sound sensible to yall? Also have any of you heard of biosand? Supposedly it contains good bacteria to eat the bad. Have any of you heard that it would be safe for something like this?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu