• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

will he recover?

G

The skinny on my tegu: I got my first tegu last year from Bobby. The bulb I had didnt give enough D3, even though it was a 10.0. By the time I found out the problem and purchased a PowerSun bulb it was almost hibernation season. He stopped eating and sun bathing, so he was never able to recover before hibernation.
He finally woke a week ago and has been eating: pinkies, turkey, liver/cod liver oil, fish, and chicken gizzards like a wild man. He is much more mobile and is coming out to bath longer every day. His tail is still a little wavy near the end and his walking is still a tiny tiny bit wobbly. I have been dusting all his food with calcium powder.
Does anyone have a similar experience? I want to know if you guys/girls think he will recover with no visable deformaties? Will his tail straighten out and will he grow just as big as a tegu that never had MBD?
He is about 1 yr old now.
Thanks for all your help, I appreciate it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pags1029