• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Will be out of town for 3 days.

Kortiken

Hello,
Let me start off by saying I am a first time Tegu owner. I've only had him for 2 weeks. I was planning on waiting until after the vacation however I got a good deal on him at a reptile show. I am still learning and any kind of constructive criticism is welcomed but mainly looking for advice here.

I have read that he should be fine left alone for a few days as long as his home is good and I give him a big meal before I leave. He will be about 8 weeks old when we leave. He is eating very well, has been since I brought him home. My question is, is there any recommendations on what I should feed him the day of us leaving that will maybe last longer? Should I leave some dry food in the enclosure that he can eat the following days?

I am also concerned about his lighting, I have an all in one bulb with UVB that I have on a 12 on/12 off cycle. I'm assuming if I just buy a timer power strip that should be fine?

On a side note: I have gone through 2 bulbs in a week, luckily I have been able to go exchange them for a replacement, but am I doing something wrong here? Or did I just get really unlucky with 2 bulbs in a row? I even tried switching brands when I got my replacement. I am using the Solar Glo, and before I was using the Zoo med Power sun. Could it be my light fixture? Do they have a max wattage that is allowed? Any help would be greatly appreciated, I wanna make the best home for my new friend! Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pags1029