• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Why is my gu do damn cute???

UncreativeUserName2

All my 5 month old tegu wants to do is eat and snuggle. She is currently curled in a ball, nose to tail, pushed as up close to my side as she can get. She also keeps clicking at me every time I click my toung which only adds to the adorableness. The average person usually doesn't think reptile are cute and cuddly but they have never met a tegu!!!! I'm a 6'2, 18 year old boy and my baby voice starts instantly when I take my baby tegu out. Am I weired or do you people agree? Aren't tegus the cutest highly adapted Predator on the planet? Or am I gonna get a long reply about how these animals are dangerous and need to be handled carefully?

reptastic

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Hell no lol i agree they are da best, baby tegus are super cute, but to back up your claim we need pics

UncreativeUserName2

Can't post pics since I don't know how to via an iPhone. But I can assure you that she is verry cute ill have pics up once I get my computer running again. They only get cuter as they get older though cause I've had her since she was hatched and she just keeps getting cuter and pudgier every day.

reptastic

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I post pics from my android what i do is after i take the pics i upload them using a photobucket app then i open 2 windows in my browser and copy/paste the img code from photobucket in one window to my tegutalk post in the other window, it shouldnt be much different with the iphone, hope this helps

Aiion

They are cuddly adorable lovey dovey cutie wooty patooty pies :) Mine is sleeping in my hoodie right now. She is the sparkle in my eye. I take pictures of her every day, because every day she is doing something adorable.

392160_2337593726999_1464549333_31981973_2134030054_n.jpg

You should get a video of the clicking and post it on youtube :)

Dana C

I am the same way with my 6 month old "Miss Kitty", (formerly Bambi). She is a Red and as I am sure those of you old enough will recall, Miss Ktty was the red haired saloon owner in Gunsmoke.

I am amazed each and every day how wonderful she has become. When I get close to her tank, her head pops out of the substrate and I have to rub her jowls and chin. She immediatly closes her eyes in pleasure.
I know that back arching is a defensive behavior or a sign of discomfort. However when I start rubbing her back, she arches up into it and stays that way under my hand. If I don't rub her back, she nuzzles under my hand so I have to.

Unless people could see the Tegu / human attachment in person, none would believe a reptile would crave human attention so much. Like I said, not a day goes by that I am not in complete wonder

For the record, I am a 6'3" 62 year old man and break into baby talk as well. The women in my life, few as they are just don't get it. ;-)
Aiion said:
They are cuddly adorable lovey dovey cutie wooty patooty pies :) Mine is sleeping in my hoodie right now. She is the sparkle in my eye. I take pictures of her every day, because every day she is doing something adorable.

392160_2337593726999_1464549333_31981973_2134030054_n.jpg

You should get a video of the clicking and post it on youtube :)

What a great picture.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pags1029