• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Why did he attack me like this?

snakegirl4life

Hi everyone. Been a while since i last posted on here. Well, Zeke, my arg b&w is growing up so nicely. He's about 16 months old now, and seems like he grows 6 inches every night. He is no longer scared of me like he was when i got him 15 months ago, however, he's developed a new problem, and its been going on a few months now. instead of running from me, he charges me. i keep him well fed, he eats every day in a seperate feeding enclosure. It's mainly when hes in his enclosure that hes agressive. If i or anyone else walks past he jumps at the glass and goes absolutely crazy trying to get out and attack. Once hes out of his enclosure he's pretty good. he doesnt run, and he will sit on my lap or shoulder and sleep. (or close his eyes to "get away") which he very well could be doing. 2 days ago i was sitting on the couch with him, he was being a complete sweetie. just relaxing with me. i was petting him, rubbing his chin, everything. I had him out a little long, about an hour. all of a sudden i moved my hand and he completely charged it. biting me on the wrist, and going in for 2 or 3 more bites that i somehow moved fast enough to avoid. It wasnt a hunger thing I dont think, because he had just gotten done eating a LOT of ground turkey/chicken liver/gizzards. Im just wondering why he did this? I cant figure it out.

Bubblz Calhoun

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Maybe those terrible Two's,.. he's at that age,.. at the same time maybe he was still hungry and you smelt and tasted like his food or something else.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pags1029