• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

why are argentines so nicer cimpared to columbians?

Anthony

5 Year Member
i was at the pet store today and they had a columbian for sale he looked awesome but he was a mean little guy... the guy at store said some people tried to hold em and they dropped em since he tried to bite and they had to chase em around the store... he also hisses a lot.... my tegu is nothing like that she lets u pick her up whenever and shes calm as can be and hasnt hissed once... what makes the columbians so mean is it because there smaller? theres gota be another reason... reason i ask is cause i like the idea they dont hibernate but it dont matter if i cant handle the little guy lol

whoru

5 Year Member
she runs like crazy jumps around. i have only had her hiss ant me a couple of times she has charged me a few times she kinda chills when i get her out but it all together seems to stress her out. heres a few pics of her being aggresive..

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://picasaweb.google.com/whoru903/Tegu4?authkey=Gv1sRgCOTB1sij3fWzBA&feat=directlink" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://picasaweb.google.com/whoru903/Te ... directlink</a><!-- m -->

BOOZER

5 Year Member
i had a female (CLEO) and male (AGRO) and they couldnt have been better. cleo(short for cleopatra) was great !! she used to lay on my shoulder while i read on the floor.

Richard21

5 Year Member
Imagine all your life your prey in the wild. You adapt to always be alert, and defensive. Also most Columbians are W.C so they are mad just from the start.

Bubblz Calhoun

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Its fight or flight, basic prey instinct. Sometimes the best defense is a good offense. Whether you're the little guy or not sometimes running may or may not be the best option. Most Columbians will run first, but they can only run so far inside of an enclosure. So they choose the next best thing which understandably deters alot of people from them and gives them a bad rep.

With that said in no way does it mean that they don't make great pets. They're definitely not for everyone. In time some do calm down and become just about as tame as the other Tegus. They just take more time and work to get there.

My first Gu was a Columbian (Spaz) and lately I've been thinking about getting another one. After all, :-D she started my Gu fetish and it just doesn't fell right not to have one :( .

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pags1029