• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

whoop whoop... making progress

AlphaAlpha

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Well 3 months down the line and its still a bumpy road with AA hes/she is definitely unpredictable and we have fun making 2 steps forward and then a few back but I wouldn`t change him/her... I wonder if this is due to him/her not having the attention or being ill treated as a hatchling??
He/she also goes through fads of eating and is not quite growing as fast as I imagined but he/she always looks and acts real healthy, sheds and shits well....So I can`t really ask for anymore. After putting fuzzies on the menu a few times he/she also finally took a fancy to them the other day so now I`m hoping they will boost AA appetite and boost a growing spurt.....:D:D;)

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Well 3 months down the line and its still a bumpy road with AA hes/she is definitely unpredictable and we have fun making 2 steps forward and then a few back but I wouldn`t change him/her... I wonder if this is due to him/her not having the attention or being ill treated as a hatchling??
He/she also goes through fads of eating and is not quite growing as fast as I imagined but he/she always looks and acts real healthy, sheds and shits well....So I can`t really ask for anymore. After putting fuzzies on the menu a few times he/she also finally took a fancy to them the other day so now I`m hoping they will boost AA appetite and boost a growing spurt.....:D:D;)
Good. Even with fuzzies, don't let up on the calcium.

AlphaAlpha

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Alpha has definately had an appetite boost and is gauding everything at the min .....He/she escaped today and dashed for his/her usual stash point behind the radiator but found it a tight squeeze and soon came back out, so just a little more growing and then he/she can rain free with no worries of me loosing him/her.... Also pretty sure Alpha is a little girl now but I'll still keep an open mind.

AlphaAlpha

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I've heard mixed comments about colombians...... but one of the main comments I've heard and has stuck in my head is that because they are much cheaper than the argentines, alot of inexperienced owners get them without researching them properly.... Then not spend the time or energy that the animal deserves on it they then have the time and energy to to discourage and blame the animal for their failings by posting on the internet.... So I can't really answer your question apart from to say I'm happy with Alpha as hes/she has only bit me twice which were both due to my own irresponsibility and he/she has never hissed, tail whipped or shown anyother signs of aggression.....Plus I don't know the background of where he has come from.

AlphaAlpha

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Alpha is still doing brilliant and things are still progressing slowly....he/she is still gorging on small mice, other meats from the butchers with the occasional egg, little bit of honey, plenty of vit powder and cod liver oil once a week....he/she is handling much better letting me lift him/her out of the viv and is also very easy to catch to put back home although he/she is not the chilling with me kind a pet (Hoping this may still come as I believe he/she is still pretty young). NO problems though apart from burning my fooking arm on his/her heat lamp...OUCH and I mean a BIG OOUUCH.:D:D

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Alpha is still doing brilliant and things are still progressing slowly....he/she is still gorging on small mice, other meats from the butchers with the occasional egg, little bit of honey, plenty of vit powder and cod liver oil once a week....he/she is handling much better letting me lift him/her out of the viv and is also very easy to catch to put back home although he/she is not the chilling with me kind a pet (Hoping this may still come as I believe he/she is still pretty young). NO problems though apart from burning my fooking arm on his/her heat lamp...OUCH and I mean a BIG OOUUCH.:D:D
It goes a long way that she feels little to be defensive about. Says good things about your approach to interacting.

AlphaAlpha

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Thanks Walter.... I have plenty of patience and its better to have a softly, softly approach and move things slowly in the right direction... Pushing things too hard and having to build confidence back into your tegu that you destroyed is only going to make things twice as hard in the long run... You have to put in the effort to reap the rewards:D

AlphaAlpha

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Hoping to get some decent pics on of Alpha's vent soon to try deciding on sex with a little help from you guys..... my veiw changes on a weekly basis...haha

AlphaAlpha

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Couldn't get clear pic of vent on my own but here's a couple of up to date pics

Attachments

• 20171210_181351.jpg
    20171210_181351.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 23

AlphaAlpha

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Oops that was only one ...haha

Attachments

• 20171210_181400.jpg
    20171210_181400.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 25
  • 20171210_181400.jpg
    20171210_181400.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 26
  • 20171210_181520.jpg
    20171210_181520.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 27

AlphaAlpha

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Any ideas girl or boy ??

Attachments

• Screenshot_20171224-174335.png
    Screenshot_20171224-174335.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 19
  • Screenshot_20171224-174311.png
    Screenshot_20171224-174311.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 17
  • Screenshot_20171224-173940.png
    Screenshot_20171224-173940.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 20

AlphaAlpha

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Alpha is so calm these days and an absalute gem to own.... No need for any more pics Alpha is a boy ....whoop whoop .... his penis just flashed me as he took a poo....not the most pleasant way to find out but I'll take it

AlphaAlpha

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
think Alpha is enjoying his shower .... what do you think ??

Attachments

• 20180413_200129.jpg
    20180413_200129.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 32
  • 20180413_200240.jpg
    20180413_200240.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 30

Skeep

5 Year Member
The room is a good idea! I had success spending time with my girl in the bathroom. Since you're the only interesting thing in the room and their quite curious, there's a good chance they'll come check you out!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmelanc602