• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Whole prey items

cornking4

5 Year Member
Do you guys recommend rats or mice? What size rat or mouse should I be feeding my five month old? He's eighteen inches TL.

TEGU_JAKE

5 Year Member
i feed my tegu that was about the same size as yours sm adult mice i was amazed he was able to take them down
but i think hoppers would be fine

GraphiK

5 Year Member
If they are live it wouldn't be a great idea to leave them over night with your tegu, they could stress him out or worse hurt him while he is slowing down to sleep. I leave Amaiya with a frozen pinky for about 15 minutes, if she doesn't take it in that time I usually remove it.

cornking4

5 Year Member
I know the dangers of live... Had a few friends lose herps to unsupervised live feedings. I only feed f/t.

TEGU_JAKE

5 Year Member
cornking4 said:
Do they usually take them right away or should I leave it with him overnight?
as soon as it hit the floor and my tegu jump on it and start shaking it and hitting it against the glass but if it didnt eat i would give it to my monitor or other tegu

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pags1029