• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

who to buy from?

ZEKE

5 Year Member
i think i will be getting my crested gecko at the
Havre de Grace MD reptile show on march 1st. i am wondering if their are any vendors there that anyone here has had good or bad experiences with and who i should buy my gecko from.

also will their be baby geckos there or will they all be adult and juvi geckos?

thanks for any help with this. i am so excited about getting a gecko :) ill post lots of pics once i get it.

ZEKE

5 Year Member
well AB sent me to his friends at dirtystinkystuff.com and i emailed them and have picked out the gecko i want. now i am just waiting for their reply email about shipping and stuff. here is the pic of the one i am going to get. what do you all think?

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://dirtystinkystuff.com/pictures/ciliatus/012808/slate.jpg">http://dirtystinkystuff.com/pictures/ci ... /slate.jpg</a><!-- m -->

it is Unsexed. Hatched in late 2007. Currently weighs in at 5.3 grams

and here is the cage i have settup for it so far. i still need to get a light and food dish for it.

front. doors closed
DSCN12750001.jpg

front. doors open
DSCN12760002.jpg

left side
DSCN12770003.jpg

right side
DSCN12780004.jpg

i was told that this cage will not work until the gecko is about 15-20 grams so i will be getting a critter keeper for it until i can move it into its adult cage (pictured above)

Adams13

5 Year Member
Hey Zeke u asked for a Pic of my crested, well here she is and theres a pic of my tank also, the exo terras really are great for them. The one you chose is awesome eh, i cant wait to get a guy for my girl. Sorry for the blur.

Adams
2000248834673104989_rs.jpg

2000249966014898972_rs.jpg

Adams13

5 Year Member
I wouldn't think so your little guy will have plenty of places to hide, its a great set up. Believe me I've seen much simpler setups for more then one crested. Mine started off small too, really barren, but with time it all just grew in.

Adams

Adams13

5 Year Member
But if you wanna add any more just get some pathos they grow readily and are simple to take care of. Whats your substrate?

Adams

DZLife

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
ahh Bed-A-Beast; trusted and true! And yeah I believe that cage should be more than sufficient! It's a nice set-up!
Also, I think you could easily fit multiple cresties in there, so space for that tank shouldn't be an issue either!
How much is the whole set-up?

ZEKE

5 Year Member
the cage was 140, the 2 logs were 7 each, the dirt was 5 a brick and i got 2 bricks in there, the plant was 8. you do the math lol. i think thats everything that i have in there.

eddiezahra

5 Year Member
nice gecko! we are practically neighbours and i also had a chinchilla named gizmo... ok that was random but nice crestie! lol

ZEKE

5 Year Member
thanks! i got an email tonight from the breeder and everything looks good. they might be shipping monday.

ZEKE

5 Year Member
yeah. the name is funny but so far they have been awesome to deal with and i will buy from them more in the future.

PuffDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Congrats Zeke!!!! Cresteds are awesome. I have 3 more coming in Tuesday as well!!!!!!! Def. keep them in small-med Kritter Keepers for a lil while.

ZEKE

5 Year Member
puff i sent David at dirtystinkystuff.com a picture of my cage and its measurements and he said i could put it in there right when i get it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980