• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

*Who just got a NEW Tegu from Varnyard? Share your stories!!

GOT_TEGUS

5 Year Member
simon021 sorry about your GU. Cats are the worst feral animal killing many native small animals. cant blame them. like I cant blame my adult GUs living outside from eatin a few [cats] lol i find hair clumps in my enclosure. opps

Two Bananas Marinade

5 Year Member
Just out of curiosity how would a adult tegu do against a 50+ lb dog? I am not talking about letting them fight just defend. I keep my dogs from my lizards.

Jer723

5 Year Member
Two Bananas Marinade said:
Just out of curiosity how would a adult tegu do against a 50+ lb dog? I am not talking about letting them fight just defend. I keep my dogs from my lizards.

well i saw a youtube video of a shepard mix killing and eating a tegu, so id have to guess that if they really went at it that the tegu wouldnt do all that well. that video was so sad :(

Jerry

freexskate

5 Year Member
I received mine on the 14th.

i love him.

his name is optimus, and if "he" turns out to be a girl....it will still be optimus, i just wont tell anybody that he's actually a girl.

=]

doing very well, eats as much as he wants every day, basks, gets toasty, sleeps, drinks, and hangs out with me, already as tame as a puppy, still runs a little when he gets startled, but thats only to be expected. very big thanks to Bobby for producing such great animals. =]

loves cantelope.....

-Jordan K

HorseCaak

5 Year Member
freexskate said:
I received mine on the 14th.

i love him.

his name is optimus, and if "he" turns out to be a girl....it will still be optimus, i just wont tell anybody that he's actually a girl.

=]

doing very well, eats as much as he wants every day, basks, gets toasty, sleeps, drinks, and hangs out with me, already as tame as a puppy, still runs a little when he gets startled, but thats only to be expected. very big thanks to Bobby for producing such great animals. =]

loves cantelope.....

-Jordan K

Thanks for getting back on topic Jordan. Glad to hear how well Optimus is doing.
You know I had 2 Geckos and I named them before I figured out their sex. I named them Fontanella and Reptar and guess what, Fontanella turned out to be the male, and Reptar the female (and yes, their names stayed with them). My feeling is, fish and lizards are the gender you tell your friends they are. They'd never know the difference anyways. 8)

Adatown616

5 Year Member
I also got a baby from Bobby. "her" name is Lola. She is eating like a pig but shes still pretty skiddish about me being around her. When shes out of the cage she calms down very fast though.

Jay

freexskate

5 Year Member
these animals are amazing

so personable...

my little guy just literally followed me in circles throughout my basement (tegu-proofed) for the better part of 2 hours.

he loves me.

my savannah on the other hand, despises me and everything that i do. oh well. can't expect a monitor to not act like a monitor i guess.
=D

-Jordan K.

reptastic

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
WELL I GOT JAZZ ABOUT TWO WEEKS AGO AND I HAVE TO SAY I HAVE NEVER OWNED A REPTILE LIKE HIM HE IS ONLY ABOUT 7 WK OLD BUT HE IS SO TAME I CANT EVEN BEGIN TO DESCRIBE IT HE LOVES BEING PETTED AND CLIMBING OVER ME . HE ATE GOOD FROM DAY 1 I CAN LET HIM FREE ROAM AND HE JUST BASK ON THE WINDOW LEDGE I EVEN TOOK HIM OUT SIDE AND HE JUST CHILLED ON MY PORCH OCCAISIONALLY COMING TO LICK MY HAND . HE HAS DEFINATLY OUT GROWN HIS 29 GAL ENCLOSURE I KNEW BOBBY HAD AWESOME GU'S AND NOW I GET TO EXPERIENCE THEM IM PLANNING ON GETTING AN EXTREME NEXT YEAR THANK ALOT BOBBY :grno :app

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pags1029