• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

White Iguana Pictures/Images

Okay....if you mix a blue green iguana with a albino green iguana then breed the result of breeding those with each other you get a white iguana, aka blizzard iguana, snow iguana, snow white iguana, white pink eyed iguana, ect. i have only found ONE PICTURE of a true white iguana with pink eyes. the result of this breeding mixture. i cant find any links, websites, images, pictures or anything of this iguana. not even Tom Crutchfield as them on his site - _ - can any one help me out here please? :(

laurarfl

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
My understanding is that the albino iguana on the market now is not a true albino that many people think of: white with pink eyes. It's a bit controversial and I like to avoid controversy. ;) Tom just has the yellow "albino" igs and I think I saw a white ig once or heard about it.

laurarfl said:
My understanding is that the albino iguana on the market now is not a true albino that many people think of: white with pink eyes. It's a bit controversial and I like to avoid controversy. ;) Tom just has the yellow "albino" igs and I think I saw a white ig once or heard about it.

yeah he explained how o get the white which is by breeding a blue green and a yellow albino together then breeding their offspring ogether and it gives you the snow white iguana. aka blizzard iguana white with pink eyes, but i havent seen him produce any or anyone. i saw one but it wasnt from him and some guy was holdng it who was TELLING about his friend. and didnt provide any info on him or contacting or anything :/ it was rather disheartening.

laurarfl

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I think a white albino ig would be a bit overrated. It is dependent upon UV yet doesn't have the melanin in it's skin or eyes for protection from UV damage. Kinda hard life.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980