• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Which Lights and From Where to Buy?

HorseCaak

5 Year Member
The subject line says it all. Which lights do should I get and from where? Try to keep it cheaper guys cuz that's why I'm asking here, rather than from the Herp Shop... I'll most likely be getting the baby Tegu they have soon and need to get things set up and stable before so. Thanks. If you could list the name/type/brand and about how much they go for $$$, that would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.

-B

31drew31

5 Year Member
For mercury vapor bulbs theres pretty much three main bulbs. The Mega Ray being the best, then the PowerSun bulbs by Zoo Med, and then the SolarGlo's by Exo terra. Here in Canada the powersuns are about 75-90 bucks a pop depending on where you get them, and the solarglo's range from 40-55 or so. Not sure about the price on the mega ray. Not sure where you can get the bulbs from in the US but you will often find the cheapest rates online. Nice thing about the mercury vapors is they are uv and heat all in one. Now if your looking to do a strip like gith a heat bulb then i hear alot of people using the repti-glo 10.0. Never used stirp lights myself so cant say a whole lot about em. Hope this helps.

Andrew.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pags1029