• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Which kind of skink could this one be?

iG

5 Year Member
Hey Everyone, I've wanted a skink for a while, but never really looked into it, though yesterday my girlfriend surprised me with this little guy, and since I'm a noob when it comes to skinks... I was wondering what kind of skink this one is...

ps: Also, I would appreciate it if any of you could link me to a reliable care sheet.

photobucket.jpg

Thanks in Advance!

iG

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
It is a Yellow striped plated lizard (Gerrhosaurus flavigularis)
Here is a care sheet: <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.jackspets.com/pet_tips/reptilehints/YELLOW%20THROATED%20PLATED%20LIZARD.htm">http://www.jackspets.com/pet_tips/repti ... LIZARD.htm</a><!-- m -->

iG

5 Year Member
Thanks for the quick replies guys. I appreciate it! The guy sold it to my girlfriend as a Rainbow Skink, when she told me that I was like "uhh...no." and knew I had to come here and find out exactly what it was. Once again... Thanks for the quick replies!

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
iG said:
Thanks for the quick replies guys. I appreciate it! The guy sold it to my girlfriend as a Rainbow Skink, when she told me that I was like "uhh...no." and knew I had to come here and find out exactly what it was. Once again... Thanks for the quick replies!

No problem, glad to help. :)

iG

5 Year Member
Hey Bobby, just wondering if you remember a baby tegu that was the last B/W You had for sale form the '06 Hatchlings (Male), I bought it form you... just wondering if you still remember me. lol.
I bought it from you Oct. 10, 2006.

Igor Paiva

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980