• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Where to get egg cartons?

casey15

Where could I get empty egg cartons/egg trays? I need them for my dubia roach colony I'm starting. Would grocery stores let me have the empty ones?

Carnicero

Just go to your local supermarket and ask for some or for them to hold you some on the side. I work in a supermarket and see plenty of the carton trays go into the cardboard baler every week. Its where im going to get mine when I start my dubia colony

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Grocery stores, bakeries, breakfast cafes, etc. Just make sure they are clean and don't have anything on them. I got about 40 from a breakfast cafe and only about 10 were usable. You can also order them from roachcafe.com

abominable666

I also recently started a dubia colony. I got my egg cartons from the local Petco. They get tons of em every time they get e new shipment of crickets so they usually have lots in back. I just asked and she gave me like 30 of em.

Dubya

1,000+ Post Club
Try Agway. I get them for my chickens from there. A little pricey, about $.45 per carton.

larissalurid

They are sold in bulk on ebay as well. Or you can open a regular egg carton, then super glue 2 back to back to have a double sided thing that will be the same height and width.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
T.C.