• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Where to Find Healthy Savs

BretF

Alright, so I'm trying to find some reputable people to buy a savannah monitor from, and i was just looking for some input to where anyone got theirs, or other good places they had heard about. Thanks!

I would love to get a cbb sav, even though its extremely uncommon, so if anyone knows of anyone producing them, let me know!

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Your best bet is to buy from a local shop/person so you can see the animal.

frost

1,000+ Post Club
iv heard from a few breeders that a way to tell is a savy is cbb is the color.

BretF

yeah i guess that makes sense. It's a little harder to find great stuff in Michigan, but i guess ill just have to see what i can find at one of the upcoming expos. Thanks nonetheless!

JohnMatthew

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I didn't know anybody was breeding them in the states.. Beginning in March they import huge numbers of farmed babies. I'd try to pick up a baby in March-April before bad husbandry gets the better of 90% of them..

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I don't think there is anybody breeding them in the states. I know of a few people who plan on trying, but what comes of it is anyone's guess.

Bntegus

like james said the best thing to do is pick one out in person. if it is fat and hydrated then you should be good. good luck.

frost said:
iv heard from a few breeders that a way to tell is a savy is cbb is the color.

ive heard that also my savy is has light blue spots and a blueish gray background really pretty on galil

i honestly have no idea mine wasnt healthy when i bought her 3 months ago she was skinny and stressed(only reason i bought her never knew she would live) but every week she just got out of her hide more and was eating like a pig shedding alot to so is you might have to buy an unhealthy sav and really really work with it like every 2 hours give it water and feed it as much as it wants keep the humidity between 60 and 80 have a big cage and feed them everything they might like

Bntegus

there are some hypos and albinos floating around cant remeber the guys name i think its john maybe. they are very cool looking.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980